Turn on thread page Beta

What are the popular universities at your school? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what are the universities that eveyone want's to go to at your school. At my school everyone wants go to to Leeds or Warwick.

Where does everyone want to go at your school / sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds, Lancaster, UCLAN, manchester, manchester met, salford, sheffield

It feels weird that I am the only one going to Durham in my school xD

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow & Strathclyde.

ReputationRep:
    My school seems to love Bristol for some reason, not sure why :dontknow: that and cambridge/oxford obviously :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    There tends to be quite a large split. People either apply to cities like Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Bristol, Glasgow, etc., or they apply to smaller places and campus unis like Warwick, Lancaster, Loughborough, etc. Then there are those who apply to 5 unis in London :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield and Leeds

ReputationRep:
    The most popular at my school are Stirling and Robert Gordon, no one applied to an English one and only 3 for Edinburgh :\

ReputationRep:
    Hull and UEA seem popular at school

ReputationRep:
    Local universities seemed popular when I was in the Sixth Form. For me, this means Hull, Lincoln or Sheffield.

Shaun

ReputationRep:
    the vast majority of people at my school, who i know, are going to London universities, eg. brunel, qmul, kingston, westminister.

I think it depends on where your school is and which unis you live close to, but i didnt let that influence my choices, i wanted to get as far away from home as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Leeds and Huddersfield (Huddersfield it the local uni) seem pretty popular. A few people also applied to Bangor, but other than that, I haven't met anyone else who has applied to a uni down south.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    Aston.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham, Durham & Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    Oddly, there isn't a 'popular' uni at my 6th form, there's a really wide selection. Saying that, several are going to Warwick and Cardiff but I'm the only one going to Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow & Strathclyde......Nearly everyone is staying at home!!!!:woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    My school seems to love Bristol for some reason, not sure why :dontknow: that and cambridge/oxford obviously :rolleyes:
    Do you go to a public school?

ReputationRep:
    St Mary's Twickenham, Loughborough, Kent and Portsmouth are the most popular. However, it's quite varied overall.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham, Durham and Manchester.

We always have a "Durham Contingent" and 15 out of 90 in my year went to Nottingham. I should really say Manchester, Man Met and Salford combined as a lot of people decide to stay at home.

One thing is for sure, my university wasn't a popular one [though I am not sure why lol].

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield. Sooo many people applied there or to Hallam.

Aberystwyth and Kent have been quite popular too, it's all quite random really...I think pretty much everyone wants to get away from our town though :P

I'm going to be at least 2.5 hours away from anyone from my school I think

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.