The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Leeds

Exeter

Cardiff

about 1/2 my year are going to those three! I'm off to Durham instead woohoo!
Most people at my school went to uni in York/Hull/Lincoln/Leeds/Liverpool. One person went to London and I was completely different and went to Winchester!
Many of us seem to be applying to Cambridge, Glasgow, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Durham and Nottingham, oddly.
Not me, I'm only being a sheep by applying to Glasgow.

Oh, quite a few of the guys are going to Loughborough from last year, and the girls to Nottingham...
Most people in my school don't go to uni. Shows how crap my area is. Those that do go normally go to Cardiff, Swansea or Aberystwith. They're all to scared to go to England.
Reply 104
Stirling, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Glasgow Cali.
YoSuis
Glasgow & Strathclyde......Nearly everyone is staying at home!!!!:woo: :eek3:

Your school must be awful
I am surprised at how popular Leeds is here. In my school, it is also on the list together with Exeter, Durham, Bristol, Warwick...
Southampton is really popular, Exeter is fairly and Nottingham for the guys. Quite a few staying in Reading too.
London Universities mostly!
And Kent and Canterbury Christchurch :smile:
Reply 109
Durham/Kings/LSE/Leicester/Birmingham/Oxbridge and some others.
I don't think my 6th form had any 'popular' universities. Everyone was pretty spread out, no more than 2 or 3 at the same university.
There's a split - Local ones like, Manchester, Salford, UCLAN or Edge Hill.

Or ones the furthest possible distance they can get from my town - Stirling, Aberdeen, Portsmouth, Plymouth and one girls going to the US.
usainlightning
Your school must be awful

And why is that? :hmmm: Why should they take the views of an ignorant English person like you into consideration? They are good Scottish universities.
LizB
The London ones, Warwick and oddly enough the seaside ones e.g. Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Southampton. It's like a lot of people went hmmm we've lived in land all our lives...let's go to the beach!

I noticed this too!
Edge Hill.
Seriously.
bex285
Stirling, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Glasgow Cali.

This.
Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester and Sussex are popular ones, but being in London, plenty of people do stay in London (Kings, UCL, Imperial)
Reply 117
Birmingham, Aston, Birmingham City and Wolverhampton. I'm the only girl in my year who is going to apply for Universities in another county next year!
Brunel, Hertfordshire, Kent, Kingston, Queen Mary, UAL (Camberwell in particular). Probably 75% of my college went to one of these universities, the first 2 in particular.
Queen Mary, Brunnel, city and Kings.
I really like UCL though.

Latest

Trending

Trending