The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
The local ones, mostly:

Newcastle, Northumbria, Sunderland, Teeside (even though most think it's a dump) and to a lesser extent Durham.
Of last years yr13's their seems to have been people going to loads of different unis, both ex poly & traditional. QMUL, Notts, Bham, Cardiff, Reading, Imperial, Aston, are the ones that spring to mind, but thats only because the school has been making quite a fuss of those that went to the "better" unis.
Of the yr13's that have just left, quite a few of them seem to be holding offers for Sheffield.
all uni rated pretty low, london ones, liverpool john hope was another

essex,
lol 6th form year, essex was the highest rated uni anyone got into from my year, how the gaps are still in place :h:
UCL (for the insanely clever), Sheffield and Southampton are the three names that seem to crop up in conversation the most often.
Edge Hill, LJMU, UCLan, Liverpool Hope.

The people at my sixth form aren't exactly high reachers.

*sigh*
I'd say about 70% or more in my year opted to stay in Edinburgh- so Edinburgh Uni, Heriot Watt and Napier.
sheffield the most popular then hull
BCU, Birmingham and Wolverhampton were popular. They're local xD No one as far as I know applied for Aston :s-smilie:

Plymouth, Keele, Man Met, London Met and Derby were fairly popular too. I'm the only one that applied for Leicester and we've got a fair few going to Birmingham and one to Bristol xD

None of us are Oxbridge calibre apparently :smile: There's one girl that is but she's going to Coventry. Turned down her place at Durham for English for them
Portsmouth's my local and fairly popular, as are Winchester/Chichester. Southampton is the popular Russell Group one that's local. Further away, Cardiff, Reading, Sussex, Warwick and Imperial are popular too.
Reply 129
At my school Southampton and UEA
Reply 130
Well at mine the main ones were Liverpool and Manchester with Salford having a significant minority (mainly arty people).
Reply 131
Suprisingly, I think the uni that the largest number of people are going to from my year is Cambridge.
Reply 132
Soñadora
At mine it was split between Strathclyde and Glasgow, with the odd couple of people going to Edinburgh/Stirling/Dundee. I don't think anyone in my year actually left the country to go to uni

They may as well stay North of the border, there's loadsa good unis and isnt it free for Scots to go to Uni in Scotland?
Reply 133
A big group of people are going to Leicester, but the most likely choice for people in my school is Cardiff and then to a lesser extent Swansea.
Reply 134
I would say Northumbria
Reply 135
The vast majority will put at least one application into Birmingham, just because it's good, nearby, and the teachers constantly promote it.
Other than that, Warwick, Cardiff and Manchester are all pretty popular :smile:
Leeds, Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol
Reply 137
Manchester, Sheffield, Bangor & Liverpool.
Bournemouth was the most popular.
Reply 139
Manchester & Leeds

Latest

Trending

Trending