Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo
    Well the thing is I might be going Glastonbury next year for the first time, but I've never been to any of these festivals so I don't know what it's like at all, and I'm clueless as to the price of one ticket.
    How much is it? and is Glastonbury good?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    Hellooo
    Well the thing is I might be going Glastonbury next year for the first time, but I've never been to any of these festivals so I don't know what it's like at all, and I'm clueless as to the price of one ticket.
    How much is it? and is Glastonbury good?

Thank you

It was 175 pound this year for the camping and full weekend (and you can go as early as the wednesday morning)
    I think it is excellent and it gets better everytime in my opinion
    Ps 2010 is the 40th anniversary of the festival so Eavis has promised it to be brill! Apparently there are going to be some pretty big names and possibly people they have always wanted to get to play but previously havent....

ReputationRep:
    Yes it will be brilliant, really hoping for some superb acts for the 40th anniversary and hoping the fact that its such an important year for the biggest and best festival in the world will mean the huge artists will be just queing up to play.

Ticket prices will be at least 175 quid and I wouldn't be surprised to see them going higher once again but its definitely worth it and I've heard they may even open the gates on Tuesday next year due to so many people turning up early this year!

ReputationRep:
    Im definately going next year!

ReputationRep:
    Glastonbury is the mother of all festivals. There is so much to see and do if you don't want to listen to music at that part of the day. so many big names play and everyone there is super nice.The tickets are pricey but once you arrive and experience it you realise that its more than worth it

ReputationRep:
    i went to my first glasto this yr and it was amazing!!!

cant go this yr cos my economics exam is on the friday so if ur in yr13/upper sixth, check ur exams cos we were all ready to go before realising we cudnt with the exams being much later this yr

ReputationRep:
    If you havn't been, you honestly do not know what you are missing out on. The massive hype is there for a reason!
    I have never met anyone who has been a regreted it. I'm lucky enough to live down the road, so go every year

The only place where you could run around naked, drink beer for breakfast, and no-one would take any notice of it!

And the music is PHENOMENAL.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.