Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A few months ago I gave up my gym membership as I just couldn't afford it. And it was a bit out the way and after a friend dropped out I slowly lost motivation for going.

So other than pre-season football training I've not done anything else for a while.

My parents are clearing out the garage and said if I want to turn it into a "home gym" type thing I can.

With a bit of help paying for it their will be a bench (with a squat rack) and about 100kg of weights. We've already got a treadmill and an excersise bike.

Curious how many people work out at home with this kinda set up, or do you really have to fork out a gym membership? The fact a friend or two would train with me at home is also an added bonus to keep up motivation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    A few months ago I gave up my gym membership as I just couldn't afford it. And it was a bit out the way and after a friend dropped out I slowly lost motivation for going.

So other than pre-season football training I've not done anything else for a while.

My parents are clearing out the garage and said if I want to turn it into a "home gym" type thing I can.

With a bit of help paying for it their will be a bench (with a squat rack) and about 100kg of weights. We've already got a treadmill and an excersise bike.

Curious how many people work out at home with this kinda set up, or do you really have to fork out a gym membership? The fact a friend or two would train with me at home is also an added bonus to keep up motivation.

If you're willing to spend money, it'd probably be easier. You'd need a squat rack and a bench minimum though, and you'll quickly outgrow 100kg of iron.

Yeah i'd definately get more than 100kg of weights

ReputationRep:
    If I was to get an 100kg olympic set, it'd be easy enough to to buy more plates as I progress anyways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    If I was to get an 100kg olympic set, it'd be easy enough to to buy more plates as I progress anyways?
    That's kind of what I was hinting at. Just get some new plates off eBay as and when.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, my parents turned our spare bedroom into a gym type thingy. I still don't use it, lol. I'd rather go down the gym - that's where all the gorgeous personal trainers are

ReputationRep:
    Cheers brotherhood :woo:

And tink, it'd help if there was a gym anywhere near where I stay to have some hawt personal trainers :bawling:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.