Turn on thread page Beta

Repeating the year at Uni!! watch

anon or delete please!

I got my Exam results a few days ago, and the exam board decided i can't progress as I'm incomplete due to missing a few practicals /experiments even though I passed the written exams! It's so annoying........I planned to stay on campus next year, and im on the waiting list for a room, but i read that if you are repeating a year you hvae your room revoked...i dont know what to do...my main problem is im gonna be 21 in november so will be 20 starting the year..i'm worried im gonna stand out?! llloooll

ReputationRep:
    rent with some friends? then make some friends with those in your resit year and rent with them next year

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about uni and how results work, but you seem to worry more about what other people think than your own career. Does it REALLY matter if you're a year or two older than others in your class?

ReputationRep:
    nope.. you will be fine..you wont be the only one anyway.. there is bound to be someone older than you.

i was wooried about the same thing because i will start my uni on my 20th birthday which will make it look like im two years older than everyone..now i dont care

ReputationRep:
    Uni is one of those places where how old you are is irrelevant. People of all ages go to uni - last year we had a man in his 40s in our class and no one batted an eyelid - so you won't stand out at all.

ReputationRep:
    The oldest lady I had in one of my classes was well into her 50's. You won't stand out at all.

ReputationRep:
    i did it, 2 of my friends did and they were 21 when they started, its not biggie, no one knows how old you are and some people have had gap years, as long as you don't separate yourself it should be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.