Turn on thread page Beta

how come these days women have men more as mates? watch

ReputationRep:
    Like instead of women? Whats wrong with women, ladies?

They always say that a mans night out is more relaxed and that :o:

ReputationRep:
    Woman are *****y. End of it really. I like my male friends more . I prefer guys to girls and i'm a girl. Hmm. I may have issues.

ReputationRep:
    She's cheating on you dude... :p:

I don't know.. I find it easier to get on with girls than guys, I guess it's the same only the other way round...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because their women friends don't have penises.

ReputationRep:
    Alwaysss hung around with guys, much more fun and have better and more interesting convo's ....
    i always found some of my female " friends " to be quite *****y and self absorbed :/ and the gossiping just gets annoying at times.... i couldnt really care less whos friend of a friend of a friend of a friend said what then she did something else and bla bla bla :/

ReputationRep:
    The thing is, boys nights out aren't more relaxed. MIXED nights out are more relaxed, and whatever girls think, their presence does change how a group of boys act.

ReputationRep:
    I just get on better with males. My best friend attributes that to the fact that I'm a 'boyish girl' - still feminine but disinterested by needless shopping trips, fashion, weight comparison and the usual girly activities.
    Whether I should or not, I take that as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    I have friends of both sexes. People are people. Best to avoid *****y people if you can. Some of the guys I've known have been very *****y. I'm sure there are some women who have a lot of male rather than female friends, but there could be a number of reasons for this.

Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    Every female I know, has said that they get on better with males. I don't understand how boys can be friends with males and females but females struggle to co-operate with their female friends.

ReputationRep:
    I get on with people, not genders (or any other predetermined factor about them for that matter), so I've got both male and female friends who I get on well with...

ReputationRep:
    I hate hate hate it when women come out with tripe such as 'women are *****y' and 'men are so much easier to get on with'. In my experience those women tend to be the cattiest of all!

Seriously, if all the girls you've met are *****y then the common denominater is YOU rather than some underlying problem with 50 per cent of the world's population.

Furthermore, a lot of girls say that specifically to make themselves look more edgy/ appealing to boys. What they really want to say is "all girls are *****y, apart from me!!! I'm totally awesome and laid back and cool PAY ATTENTION TO ME". It's just closeminded and sexist tbh.

I have both male friends and female friends who are intellingent, funny, sensitive, laid back and cool - because I don't let my preconceptions of gender get in the way of me making friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    I have both male friends and female friends who are intellingent, funny, sensitive, laid back and cool - because I don't let my preconceptions of gender get in the way of me making friends.
    How can a woman talking ABOUT women have a 'preconception about gender'..surely she can make points as valid as any other female on the subject, seeing as shes lived the life for X years Perhaps the common denominator isn't the specifc woman; rather...men :P Maybe we have a knack of bringing the best out of people.

Just a theory

ReputationRep:
    Nearly all girls say they prefer to hang around with guys, but when I'm out and about the majority of girls are with other girls. It's becoming just one of those things girls say.

ReputationRep:
    Because women recognize you as the freak you are Atomic Tundra and therefore you continually fall into the friend zone

see this?

You're not doinitrite

ReputationRep:
    Boys have more to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Because women recognize you as the freak you are Atomic Tundra and therefore you continually fall into the friend zone
    I'm not refering to myself

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as I'm at an all girls school, the majority of my friends are mainly girls.
    however its refreshing having boy companions because you can show a different side to yourself and its always nice to know you have the 'caring, protective' type friend looking out for you

ReputationRep:
    i think its just the *****iness of many women

it drives me crazy when im around girls and all theyre talking about is someones hair etc

ReputationRep:
    I think people from either gender make valuable friends. I find men to be more laid-back and upfront but girls to be more caring and intimate. I like having both types of friend, though I'm generally closer to my female friends.

I do agree with that_time though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterMD)
    How can a woman talking ABOUT women have a 'preconception about gender'..surely she can make points as valid as any other female on the subject, seeing as shes lived the life for X years Perhaps the common denominator isn't the specifc woman; rather...men :P Maybe we have a knack of bringing the best out of people.

Just a theory
    Of course a woman can have preconceptions about other women, in the same way black people can have preconceptions about other black people and gay people can have preconceptions about other gay people.

My point is that it's hypocritical.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.