The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think i said this before somewhere else...The dudes are more laid back and relaxed and also not so bitchy...
Reply 41
Because women are now seen as equal to men; they can mix more freely, and get to know one another.
Reply 42
A few girls in my group were asked this, their answer:

"No bitching to worry about and you guys are funnier"

We're just more laid back and I guess we can be more entertaining. Go men!:cool: :woo:
Reply 43
what is this 'bitching' you ladies talk about...
I barely have any close female friends, maybe 4 or 5. But I have several groups of male friends who I go out with and see a lot more, but I'm not really that close with them. If I had a problem or needed advice, I'd talk to my girl friends but if I just wanted to go out then I'd probably be more inclined to out with the guys.

Ooh, and for everyone who is saying that girls are bitchier than guys.. All of my guy friends are incredibly bitchy, even more so than a lot of girls I've met. :confused: I think that guys are just more subtly bitchy, and get away with it because people don't expect them to bitch.
Reply 45
truthandtragedy
I barely have any close female friends, maybe 4 or 5. But I have several groups of male friends who I go out with and see a lot more, but I'm not really that close with them. If I had a problem or needed advice, I'd talk to my girl friends but if I just wanted to go out then I'd probably be more inclined to out with the guys.

Ooh, and for everyone who is saying that girls are bitchier than guys.. All of my guy friends are incredibly bitchy, even more so than a lot of girls I've met. :confused: I think that guys are just more subtly bitchy, and get away with it because people don't expect them to bitch.

Agreed, I find it hard to believe that all the people on this thread have never met a bitchy man!

I think people are conditioned to associate bitchiness with females. If a man says something rude or offensive to someone else it might be considered as him 'having a bit of a laugh' or 'being cheeky' yet if a woman says the same thing people are quick to call her a bitch because of course it's impossible for women to be funny or talk about anything other than nail polish :rolleyes:
Hugh-Jackman
woman are horrible to woman, plus blokes are just way funnier and dont spend the night taking pics or crying about everything.

We always have to tell the female members of the group, its a lads night out every so often, just get sick of the drama.

lol, I know a few girls like this. Just a few though.
Reply 47
because men care less when it comes to banter and good times.
Reply 48
I like it because a lot of girls are idiots, "omg he looked at me does that mean he liked me? omg he hasn't txt me today what does that mean should I txt him? omg i think i'm fat does [fad diet] work cuz i'm too lazy to exercise?" and other H&R-anon kinda stuff that just annoys me because it's really not that difficult to figure out, and guys are more laid back about that sort of thing and they have a better sense of humour. And if they're mad at you they tend to tell you rather than pretend everything is fine and then say the opposite behind your back (one of my friends did it and it led to our friendship falling apart in the end).

I guess I just have a masculine mindset, I'm not manly in appearance or looks or anything but in general I probably think like a man. I do love shopping and Desperate Housewives though.
Reply 49
It depends on the group of males/females. For ages, I had far more male friends because I'd lost all trust in girls (one friend turned the rest of the group against me, yadda yadda), and because guys are generally easier to lark around with. I often insult my friends as a way of showing affection, and guys take that better than girls do.

Having said that, I've managed to find a group of girl friends who aren't stupidly bitchy, and who I can insult and be stupid with. There's just not enough girls like this around!
Reply 50
Well, now I'm at uni I've got equal amounts of guy and girl mates. But when I was at college, I'd have a couple of close female friends and tend to hang out in groups where there were more guys than girls.

A lot of the time it was because girls could be quite bitchy, really, while guys were more laid back about things. Now I've noticed it's more equal... :smile:
Well, I'm not sure to be honest. My closest friends are all girls, but they're not your stereotypical girls, yaknow? Lol, not that they're manly but they're all very amicable and a lot more like me than most girls I meet I suppose...jees I'm just making myself sound like an ass! Just when it comes to talking to new people I find it wayy easier to go for guys because I feel like every conversation topic is open for use, whereas with girls only about 50% of the things I say gain a response :s-smilie: I dunno, maybe I'm just weird, but those are my reasons!

I do think its valuable to have good friends of both genders, but I'm not sure why there seems to be such an increase in girls who hang around with more guys than girls. Maybe just social boundaries or expectations or whatever changing? Pleh.

Latest