The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
P.S. I am an international student, not sure whether I helps..
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I've heard they're not very lenient.
Apparently if you get a B, you may need a Merit in STEP.
Email them to find out more.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=861661

EDIT: Hold on, do you need As in every module in Maths and Further Maths, without resits. If not, and you only get a B in FM, then I would say you have a lower chance of getting in compared to a UK student who gets an A in FM but a B in a module (the UK offer is AAA, including Maths and FM with As in every Maths and Further Maths module without resits).
Probably not.

It would be more likely if you got a B in your third subject (i.e. not Maths/Further Maths).

Edit: What I mean is that you're more likely to get in with a B in Physics than a B in Further Maths.
Since you're doing Maths, Physics A Level isn't that important.

Also, good luck - I'll see you there in October if I get my A in Physics :p:
Reply 5
wudanao
I think I have probably missed the offer(A,A,A,in Maths, FM, Physics). I did quite bad in Fm and it might only be marked B:o: Does anyone know the ICL admission policy that whether they accept near miss student like me?

Given the amount of applicants, I would say that the chance of admitting a near miss student is very small! You should email the department immediately for advice.
Reply 6
Probably not this year, applications are high and spaces are low Dx
Reply 7
jennikay
Probably not.

It would be more likely if you got a B in your third subject (i.e. not Maths/Further Maths).

Edit: What I mean is that you're more likely to get in with a B in Physics than a B in Further Maths.
Since you're doing Maths, Physics A Level isn't that important.

In fact, I am exactly in the same thought with you, but just with a tiny hope that they will accept me and that's why I post here, cause I want to go ghere so much:o:
Reply 8
TheTallOne
Apparently if you get a B, you may need a Merit in STEP.
Email them to find out more.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=861661

EDIT: Hold on, do you need As in every module in Maths and Further Maths, without resits. If not, and you only get a B in FM, then I would say you have a lower chance of getting in compared to a UK student who gets an A in FM but a B in a module (the UK offer is AAA, including Maths and FM with As in every Maths and Further Maths module without resits).

I have also thought about the modulus thing, but I can tell you getting an "A" in the CIE FM tests is DAMM HARD!!!!!(Espesically this year, as I have never missed A in any mock tests) Anyway, I suspect I will be on the upper edge of B even if I missed A, and does it help?
Reply 9
studyboy
Given the amount of applicants, I would say that the chance of admitting a near miss student is very small! You should email the department immediately for advice.

Thanks for your advics, I am writing to them right now:smile:
Reply 10
xSkyFire
Probably not this year, applications are high and spaces are low Dx

Oh, ****! Why do so many people apply to Imperial? :mob: As oversea students, we almost have no choice towards warwick(although I personally prefer there) considering how tremendous influnce the Imperial brand name has on our parents and domestic employers, but if I was an UK students, I will definately put Warwick as my first choice
Reply 11
jennikay

I am really looking foward to see you there, as it means we both met the offer:biggrin: But what is you insurance in case we both missed it:p: Mine is Bristol.. lol at Bristol's Maths annual tutition fee, only 500 pounds below Imperial !!!
Mine's Manchester - I liked it a lot, also constant partying :woo:
Reply 13
I've heard they do in fact admit a fair few "near miss" students given that they don't give offers to that many people so I think you should be fine.

And yes, you should have chosen Warwick as your first choice! :smile:
Reply 14
Krush
I've heard they do in fact admit a fair few "near miss" students given that they don't give offers to that many people so I think you should be fine.

And yes, you should have chosen Warwick as your first choice! :smile:

You are a nice people:biggrin:
But do you think I should e-mail them, telling I probably have missed the offer and see what else I can do to make it up?
*person

I'm in the same situation, sort of.
From what I read this year they won't be so lenient because the college may pay a fine for over recruiting. This is what I read down at timesonline.. :/ I hope not, tho!
Reply 16
gammapulsar
*person

I'm in the same situation, sort of.
From what I read this year they won't be so lenient because the college may pay a fine for over recruiting. This is what I read down at timesonline.. :/ I hope not, tho!

I would rathe pay the fine instead of the university if they admit me:cool:
LOLOLOL same. I wish it worked that way!
do you have anything else that makes you an outstanding student e.g. community service, musical instrument, talent at a sport becuase it may help with you're chances if you are a near miss student
Reply 19
lets_make_some_music
do you have anything else that makes you an outstanding student e.g. community service, musical instrument, talent at a sport becuase it may help with you're chances if you are a near miss student

None...Will they admit me because of my identity as an international student where they can get extra budget from?

Latest

Trending

Trending