Turn on thread page Beta

Advice appreciated tenuous situation watch

Basically i've been friends with this guy from work (let's call him Ryan)for a few months and we've told each other loads of stuff, even confided stuff in one another. He's been really good to me, and we value each other as friends.

However, recently I also met his brother, (let's call him Greg) and got on with him, and probably partly due to the influence of alcohol, "Greg" and i kissed, and he asked my friend if i was single and so forth, and we've been texting each other and arranged to meet up, i'm not sure what would happen, but there does seeem to be something there and i really like him.

However the 2 brothers do not get on, and i really get the impression that Ryan would be not happy if anything happened with Greg, tbh if he knew that we'd got off with each other, i think he would be mad. Ryan even told me a comment that Greg said to him, and it was reaaally harsh, (altho i only heard it out of context i guess) and he actually even said, although i don't know how seriously "you see what Greg's like, you should never speak to him again." He seems to really hate him though. and now i feel terribly guilty about liking Greg, and i get the impression that i can't have them both in my life, that if i wanted to be with Greg i wouldnt be friends with Ryan anymore, i even feel guilty for agreeing to meet up with Greg now, even tho the situation between them isn't really to do with me. Do you think I've already been a bad friend to Ryan? He knows that I've met Greg but he certainly doesn't know that we've been texting each other or that we like each other or anything. Help :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.