Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just finished watching 'Black Hawk Down' on sky today. I know its only a film, based on true events, and sexed up by Hollywood. However I couldn't help feeling slighlty p*ssed off with the Somalians, for shooting up all the Americans. When the film ended, I returned to normal. Does anybody else feel anything remotely similiar? I have also watched 'Saving Private Ryan', and felt very similiar towards the Germans. Please dont accuse me of being racist, as I hold no ill feelings towards any race. Is it just a case of Hollywood turning something into something else? Just a thought for discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Hollywood twists anything to support the American light. They will make films as if to say "we won in Vietnam" when it turned out to be the equivalent of Accrington Stanley getting a 50-0 win at the Bernabeu. They will try and claim it was they who single-handedly won WW2, never mind the efforts and importance of Alan Turing et al, the British, French and Russian troops...
    I would prefer watching Bollywood stuff to any of that Hollywood-twisted war stuff. And that's saying something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Just finished watching 'Black Hawk Down' on sky today. I know its only a film, based on true events, and sexed up by Hollywood. However I couldn't help feeling slightly p*ssed off with the Somalians, for shooting up all the Americans. When the film ended, I returned to normal. Does anybody else feel anything remotely similar? I have also watched 'Saving Private Ryan', and felt very similar towards the Germans. Please dont accuse me of being racist, as I hold no ill feelings towards any race. Is it just a case of Hollywood turning something into something else?
    It's propaganda, pure and simple.

In terms of Black Hawk Down, the US military deserved everything they got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    It's propaganda, pure and simple.

In terms of Black Hawk Down, the US military deserved everything they got.
    I didn't mean about the Americans. What I meant was perhaps the pyschology behind it all, does it not anger you at all, when you see somebody mercilessly shot by somebody else?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean about the Americans. What I meant was perhaps the pyschology behind it all, does it not anger you at all, when you see somebody mercilessly shot by somebody else?
    Yes. I hate Israelites.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean about the Americans. What I meant was perhaps the psychology behind it all, does it not anger you at all, when you see somebody mercilessly shot by somebody else?
    yes...but it needn't lead you to an unnecessarily one sided view...all armies/militia are pretty much the same when it comes to merciless killing.

These movies are designed to stir up that natural anger at injustice, so it can be manipulated.

ReputationRep:
    yes...but it needn't lead you to an unnecessarily one sided view...all armies/militia are pretty much the same when it comes to merciless killing.

These movies are designed to stir up that natural anger at injustice, so it can be manipulated.
    i agree.its all propaganda if u ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Yes. I hate Israelites.
    Please don't believe everything you hear on the BBC :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Please don't believe everything you hear on the BBC :rolleyes:
    yeah dats propaganda and all

ReputationRep:
    We only ever see half the picture, and on the BBC we only see the half that happens to show a kid being shot. What we don't see is this kid throwing rocks at jewish people, or a gunman sitting on the corner of the street or someone firing mortars.

You have to see the bigger picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    We only ever see half the picture, and on the BBC we only see the half that happens to show a kid being shot. What we don't see is this kid throwing rocks at jewish people, or a gunman sitting on the corner of the street or someone firing mortars.

You have to see the bigger picture.
    i agree.u should always look at both sides of the story before making a judgement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Yes. I hate Israelites.
    To make such a statement like this demonstrates that the person is not only mis-informed but also very narrow-minded. To make a statement saying that they hate millions of people is just pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished watching 'Black Hawk Down' on sky today. I know its only a film, based on true events, and sexed up by Hollywood. However I couldn't help feeling slighlty p*ssed off with the Somalians, for shooting up all the Americans. When the film ended, I returned to normal. Does anybody else feel anything remotely similiar? I have also watched 'Saving Private Ryan', and felt very similiar towards the Germans. Please dont accuse me of being racist, as I hold no ill feelings towards any race. Is it just a case of Hollywood turning something into something else? Just a thought for discussion.
    Hollywood is pathetic.

Re: Pearl Harbour

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen behind enemy lines - it came out around black hawk down and was also based on a true story i think. It was still American biased i think but also raised a few other issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    We only ever see half the picture, and on the BBC we only see the half that happens to show a kid being shot. What we don't see is this kid throwing rocks at jewish people
    My God! He wasn't was he?!

Little ******* deserved it then. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Braveheart is an excellent example...tho i believe there is a propaganda element to it....for eg. The Three Kings film, did not do well in American and in fact people complained about it....why??....cos the americans were not viewed as sympathetically as the arabs.

ReputationRep:

yep..thats the attitude id like to see from our police force instead of these ridiculous asbo's which the louts just break anyway.

ReputationRep:

Firstly, they don't shoot kids.

Secondly i'd like to see how you enjoyed people catapulting rocks at you, they can do serious damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Firstly, they don't shoot kids.

Secondly i'd like to see how you enjoyed people catapulting rocks at you, they can do serious damage.
    More than a gun? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If it's thrown at someone who isn't wearing a helmet it could crack their skull open. I don't want to justify israeli soldiers actions, because i don't know the full story and neither do you. I just commented that the comment that Juwel hated all israelites was very unfair.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.