The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Before I begin, I said "Israelites" not "Jews".

But there's no way there can be any sort of peace in Israel with the sort of people in power there. The religious and state leaders say the sickest anti-Palestine things, worse than calling Palestinians subhuman. For example according to them it is OK to rape a Palestinian girl before she turns 3, as after that age they would consider it bestiality (that's "sex with animals" if you didn't know). Scum, in my view.
Narrow-minded? Hope not, I try to be as open-minded about things as possible. Misinformed? Under-informed maybe, but when your information on the subject involves things like the above example and worse, it's hard to have any sort of respect for the empowered in Israel, besides all the killing. Obviously it takes two, and the Palestinians have some blame to take, but it was their country unfairly taken away from them, and the nature of those whose hands the country it is now means that there is no real hope of peace or even mutual respect between Israelite and Palestinian.
Hope that does enough to justify my comment in my last post, a little harsh it was but that's how I feel.
Reply 41
If Israelites aren't jewish, then what are they? :confused:
Reply 42
G4ry
If Israelites aren't jewish, then what are they? :confused:

Atheist?

Not every Israeilite is a jew and likewise. :rolleyes:
Reply 43
Black Hawk
What a coincidence! I didn't see this before I registered hionest. Why do you think hollywood is turning something into something else? That is what happened, the Somalians did shoot up all the Americans! They were brutal savages (I am not racist but they were)

And with regard to saving private ryan are you refering to the Omaha scene? Because that is pretty much what actually happened. The Germans did savagely gun down the Americans during the Omaha beach landings from fortified machine gun turrets.

You're right though Hollywood does twist or even ignore the facts for alot of films (eg, Baveheart, U-571) but the two you have mentioned are pretty much 'factually intact'.

I wasn't reffering to the OMAHA beach storm. I meant later on when they are defending the bridge. Hollywood added that German guy whom they released, but later murdered/stabbed that Jewish kid. From an American point of view, people would perhaps feel anger against the Germans from that scene.
MattG
ww2 films, portrayed as just cannon fodder, can u honestly say u've seen a film that shows the war from a german perspective?

Yup
All Quiet on the Western Front
Reply 45
No-one seems to get, in war or even at a protest, the soldiers tend to just be young and frightened(which some cover up with gung-ho attitudes). What do you want them to do, put their guns down and walk away, then they get court martialled or shot by the enemy. An example (im neutral on the Israeli-Palestine issue), if a you are taking part in your compulsory enscription and someone is throwing something at you, do you know if it is a molatov or a grenade, or is it a conker. You are scared, your gonna fire. ITs the leaders fault for putting you there in the first place.

Latest

Trending

Trending