Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm really interested in taking a gap year after college and before uni in australia, and BUNAC is looking very appealing at the moment. A little pricey, but I think I could magage it. Anyways just a couple of questions.

Has anyone else been on this package with BUNAC, what did you think?

Do most people share flats with other they met from BUNAC?

Whats the general age of participants, are most people from before or after uni (I'll be a couple of months off 19)? And does it even matter?

And one more extra thing which I was just wondering:rolleyes: , how common are spider/snake etc bites, particularly within the city, eg Sydney. I'd presume pretty uncommon, but I looked at the FAQ of 'oz intro' and it said "No. In fact, nearly 50% of people who go to Australia don’t get bitten by spiders, or snakes, or crocodiles, or sharks, or dingoes, or stung by jellyfish." That percentage didn't seem very assuring to me, ha

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you're just staying in the city you have a pretty low chance of seeing anything apart from possums and garden spiders so I wouldn't worry.

Outside the city we saw crocs, a reef shark and a cassowary and the only thing that caused us any harm was an emu which bit my cousin as it tried to steal his toast! If you stay away from the 'dangerous' animals they won't hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine with spiders etc. Just be careful (ive lived in sydney for 15 years)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether you need a sponser like bunac to obtain this visa? Or if you can just go straight to the embassy and save money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mint123456)
    Does anyone know whether you need a sponser like bunac to obtain this visa? Or if you can just go straight to the embassy and save money?
    You can apply direct on the Australian gov's immigration website. It's fast and much cheaper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemini89)
    You can apply direct on the Australian gov's immigration website. It's fast and much cheaper!
    Okay, thanks. I will do that when I apply .

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.