If you fail your driving test, can you book another one right away?

Watch
gsdeusi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ok, so today I had my test and managed to get a major :mad: Now I'm just wondering, can I retake the test as soon as I find a cancellation date, or is there a period of time I have to wait first?

Thanks
Flossy510
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
You have to wait 10 full working days
I failed mine first time...but next one on Monday (Y)
Good luck with your next one when you book it
jakeee
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What was your major?
Louise___x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2 weeks Good luck for next time
Aack
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good luck - second time lucky eh - at least you know what to expect now.

I think you will be lucky to get one within 10 days, but I wasn't aware you had to wait that long.
Flossy510
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, it says you have to wait 10 full working days until your next test...not necessarily to book it.
So you can book it now, as long as the date is 10 working days from your last test
gsdeusi
Rep:
?
Ok, cheers guys
Well, I was driving in the bus lane, which was fine as it was closed, but there was a dip in the lane where there was a big puddle, i slowed, but just went through it, and drenched a person waiting for the bus, which i kind of feel bad about
But he should have told me I failed, I carried on, getting no minors, only to realise I failed it in the first five minutes on the road. Kinda sucks. But hey.
BestDressedChickenInTown
Report 11 years ago
your best option is to book one as soon as you can, but keep checking for cancellations everyday, cause you might be able to get one sooner, i couldnt get one but a few of my mates managed to.

and remember, all the best people fail first time haha :yep:
BestDressedChickenInTown
Report 11 years ago
and that is also the best reason for failing a driving test ever, ive been driving for a year and not managed to soak anyone yet haha.
gsdeusi
Rep:
?
Yeaa, I've booked the earliest I could (8th September :O) and I'll change it if I find one sooner
BestDressedChickenInTown
Report 11 years ago
keep trying all the other test centres in the area too, just make sure your instructor is willing to take you to them.
gsdeusi
Rep:
?
Hmmm.. Could do, and I don't have the instructor issue, my dad taught me to drive lol, but I guess I just know the guildford area which means I won't make stupid mistakes like going into the wrong lane and having to adjust late and stuff like that :P
xxx-Pixxi-xxx
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gsdeusi)
Ok, cheers guys
Well, I was driving in the bus lane, which was fine as it was closed, but there was a dip in the lane where there was a big puddle, i slowed, but just went through it, and drenched a person waiting for the bus, which i kind of feel bad about
But he should have told me I failed, I carried on, getting no minors, only to realise I failed it in the first five minutes on the road. Kinda sucks. But hey.
LOL sorry but that is hilarious! :woo: i love it when people get soaked

good luck on your retake though
xSkyFire
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gsdeusi)
Ok, cheers guys
That's mean but kinda funny, in a bad way
pink_princess1990
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dont worry about failing, i failed my first 2 for just silly mistakes, although not as good as yours

But passed on my 3rd time, which was today woop!
gsdeusi
Rep:
?
Lol, yea I got into the test centre, told my dad I failed because I drove through a puddle and splashed someone and he just burst out laughing. It was embarrassing.

And thanks, I hope it doesn't rain when I retake now..
One thing...
What kind of a person says:
"i love it when people get soaked "
Lol/

Aaaah theres a cancellation on the 10th, it keeps staring at me, and I can't take it.. FRUSTRATING.
gsdeusi
Rep:
?
Well Done!!! :d
RaJz92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I pass my theory test for da first time today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gsdeusi
Rep:
?
(Original post by RaJz92)
I pass my theory test for da first time today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice one!
emmawanjiku
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am just frustrated and feel like giving up,yesterday i did my test 4th time and failed......same instructor. I did everything perfectly only to fail the last 5 mins at the end of the test. Got 1serious fault (independent driving) coz of giving a wrong signal. I indicated left which i was going to the left but she pressed the brakes only to tell me the sign is straight on. I feel so stupid to have done that and I cant help it. I am this kind of person who gets nerves everytime i have a test, i drive very well with my instructor but when it comes to test i fail. All the test ave done i have less than 5 minors and 1 serious. pliz advice me...thanks. Emma
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (489)
33.4%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (608)
41.53%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.64%

Watched Threads