The Student Room Group

Reform : MUN Charter MkI

Since we've worked so much on reforming the various aspects of the MUN, I thought it time to add them all to the Charter and do some general spring cleaning there while I was at it.
I thought I'd start to rewrite the bulk of it, this draft uses the majority of the same points and language as Nef's version but pairs it down, uses clearer language, makes some things more explicit, makes some time frames clearer...however, I slightly worry it's too business like - what does the MUN think? Every bit can be queried, I've added in a few new segments as very rough sketches.

BTW - Thought Chapters and Articles might be a nice touch :smile:
Formatting will be comprehensive next draft.

Spoiler

Looks excellent. Especially Chapter XVI :proud::biggrin:
Reply 2
After a brief scan...the charter seem very wise. But I shall fully read the reform tomorrow:yes:
I like it, but it should include the bit about the HOC.
Reply 4
Student - Glad you like it :smile: Does that Chapter come up to scratch?
Mr Fix - Thanks, hope you like it :smile:
AFC - It will as soon as we get to grips with it in the other thread, then a re-vote (since there's support for the idea, just not sure on specifics) and then I'll add it all.
Reply 5
I've read it now. Approved. :biggrin:
I'll read it tomorrow night as I've left my laptop at home (in Glasgow at the moment). Well done for doing it though!! Bored much?? :p:
Reply 7
I would like to annouce that the proposels for MUN Charter MkI....I concur:proud:
Reply 8
The Secretary General is the only person in the MUN allowed to close and re-open threads.
you should just add in "apart from moderators", by the way! and you should add "and to edit posts within said threads"
Looking very promising... This has needed updating for a while.
I like the chapter and article touch, makes it sound very professional..it is written in a way that the general public will understand thus making sure there is no confusion..at least, from my perspective *I hope that didn't sound arrogant..*
Although, I feel that the inactivity period of 3 weeks should be raised to 4 weeks, and mails sent instead, or at least, each MUN should be looked at individually, so MUN representatives who are more active, if off, should be given a longer period till possible expulsion and MUN representatives who have been near enough dormant should be given a shorter period and mails sent to remind them of their commitment.
But all in all, a very good charter, I accept it :biggrin:
Reply 11
natty_d - Glad you like it :smile:
Captain Biggles - Terribly bored :o: Well, I just figured I had so much to add, I may as well see if I could tighten it up a little :smile:
Mr FiX-iT - Thanks :biggrin:
Noémie - Good point! I totally forgot about Mods!
The second point - can we reword it cause that might mean that people can't edit their own posts :wink:
Birchington - Yeah, I needed to add quite a bit in so I thought it should all be done at the same time and now is the first chance I've really had.
jakemittle - That's what I was going for, glad it worked. :yep: And, no, it didn't. :smile:
Yeah, could change it to a month, but it's usual that I'll be more lax with people who are regular posters usually but some are pushing it...
Just completed a more in-depth review of it and I have to say it seems very complete already. I have no problem seeing it go to a re-write and then to a vote within the next week or two.

Good work, Morg!
I can see the benefit of having made it more concise :yep: Looks good :cool:
Reply 14
Glad for the approval all :smile:

I'll start a re-write and get it posted soon.
Looks good to me :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending