Turn on thread page Beta

Why do teachers reject my friends requests on Facebook watch

ReputationRep:
    Even though I left my school two years ago, they still reject my friend requests on facebook. I would like to keep in contact with them, so it's a bit upsetting, thanks, even though I may sound like a fool.

Because if they accept you they'll feel obliged to accept all ex-pupils and will probably end up getting hate mail etc.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds harsh but maybe they just don't remember you? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't want any students to have access to their trollied pictures! :p: You can see them, and then people who you're friends with could follow your links. Soon the whole school will have seen their knickers.

ReputationRep:
    They dont want their ex-students seeing their personal pics, and then maybe get issues from it... I wouldnt if I was a teacher

ReputationRep:
    Because they're not your friend?

ReputationRep:
    Because you're still a kid?

ReputationRep:
    i guess if they excepted all ex pupils they would have thousands of friends and their news feed would just be full of drunken pictures from nightclubs. teachers have to be really careful who they accept because at my school its actually not allowed for them to accept students.

ReputationRep:
    because they either didn't like you or they don't accept anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McPhee8)
    Because they're not your friend?

Haha. This.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, then you could take those picture, have them prited on A3, in HD and hand them to you'r little brother to pin all over the canteen walls! GENIUS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    Even though I left my school two years ago, they still reject my friend requests on facebook. I would like to keep in contact with them, so it's a bit upsetting, thanks, even though I may sound like a fool.
    coz u got **** gcse grades
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I searched all my old teachers' Facebook, and gosh some of the pictures they had up...
    I can easily understand why they wouldn't want any ex-pupils adding them...

ReputationRep:
    Aw :console:

Maybe they like keeping it personal...

ReputationRep:
    cos you're ugly

ReputationRep:
    Teachers usually only accept ex-pupils whom they believe will be no thread to themselves in terms of professionalism.
    I have one or two teachers on my Facebook from my old school, they are the ones I got on with and still speak to.

NB: Teachers should not accept Facebook Friend Requests from current pupils.

ReputationRep:
    Because teachers don't want to socialize with their students.

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't want to?

ReputationRep:
    Send them a message, saying thanks for their lessons, that your grateful for what they have done, and your happy in Uni. Something along those lines. They might accept.

ReputationRep:
    Because you touch yourself at night.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.