Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Basically I have just finished the IB, and I am taking a gap year. I am looking to apply next year to a civil engineering course, and am looking at various universities now to get an idea of where I should apply.
    I got 29 points for IB, which isn't that great, so I definitely don't have enough to get into the likes of Imperial, Cambridge, etc.

So can you recommend any decent universities that I will be able to get into with 29 points? (In UCAS tariff points that translates to AAA, but all of the unis translate it into about ABB or BBB I think).
    I've found a few, Cardiff being one, also City University, and a few others, but I'm not entirely sure what's good and what's not.

Another thing I should add is that I would prefer a uni to the east or south of England.

I know this is one of many threads asking about civil engineering universities, but I thought I'd start a new one cause I had a specific grade.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Bristol
    Southampton
    Sheffield

and maybe for insurance?

Nottingham
    Loughborough

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff are good though, but I prefer Bristol and Southampton to Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    They are a little too far out of my reach actually, Bristol and Southampton both ask 35 points, I think Loughborough is similar as is Nottingham. Cardiff seems like my only choice at a quite highly regarded uni in terms of engineering I think.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2009

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.