Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Help! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask in the specific subject tests (particularly for law). I'm being tested in Canada...
    Thx.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canada Girl)
    Help! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask in the specific subject tests (particularly for law). I'm being tested in Canada...
    Thx.
    Hey Ive just rang the admissions office and they said that it will be in essay form.. mostly logic and reasoning. You don't really need to have any knowledge about law and they said you can't prepare!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Hey Ive just rang the admissions office and they said that it will be in essay form.. mostly logic and reasoning. You don't really need to have any knowledge about law and they said you can't prepare!
    Essay form???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tell me more about it...what did they say would be on it etc....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Essay form???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tell me more about it...what did they say would be on it etc....
    if you are reluctant to write essays, why apply for Law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    if you are reluctant to write essays, why apply for Law?
    Im not reluctant, I would have just prefered it to be more like a skills assessment test.

Essays give you more opportunities to go wrong lol

And why the long face blamps ...

ReputationRep:
    Im not reluctant, I would have just prefered it to be more like a skills assessment test.

what long face???...the essays are a test of skills...rational and logical thinking for one, so really there is not necessarily a right or wrong answer

ReputationRep:
    what long face???...the essays are a test of skills...rational and logical thinking for one, so really there is not necessarily a right or wrong answer
    You wrote your last post as if you were very grumpy .. maybe it was just the impression i got.

God, what make you queen of the world all of a sudden. All I was saying is that the prospect of a test essay in which my application hinges on was a liiiiitle bit scary.....maybe you cant empathise cos you dont have a soul?

ReputationRep:
    it is hard to test argumentative skills in other forms

ReputationRep:

If you were applying next year Law interviews will be based on a skills assessment test - tough luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    If you were applying next year Law interviews will be based on a skills assessment test - tough luck!
    Really?

Bugger lol

ReputationRep:
    it is hard to test argumentative skills in other forms
    I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite woman?

ReputationRep:
    You wrote your last post as if you were very grumpy .. maybe it was just the impression i got.

God, what make you queen of the world all of a sudden. All I was saying is that the prospect of a test essay in which my application hinges on was a liiiiitle bit scary.....maybe you cant empathise cos you dont have a soul?
    I am not the Queen of the world...I sympathise with on not wanting to do essays and anyway, it does not hinge on that alone...just get on with it

ReputationRep:
    I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite woman?
    no you Dave, no ...who was the one creaking in his boots?

ReputationRep:
    no you Dave, no ...who was the one creaking in his boots?
    What? I didnt get any of that?

ReputationRep:
    What? I didnt get any of that?
    Well, you called me a Woman yet you are scared at the prospect of an essay k?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a woman? If you are then I was only saying the truth? If you are a man, Ill rephrase my post:

I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite man?

ReputationRep:
    Are you at cambridge or have you ever sat a cambridge entrance test?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a woman? If you are then I was only saying the truth? If you are a man, Ill rephrase my post:

I hope it is argumentative skills cos I can do them ... I just dont like the thought of an examined, timed essay ... alrite man?
    I am a homaphrodite

ReputationRep:
    Are you at cambridge or have you ever sat a cambridge entrance test?
    No, I am applying to Oxford who have an entrance paper too but, to be honest, I am not scared

ReputationRep:
    No, I am applying to Oxford who have an entrance paper too but, to be honest, I am not scared
    God! Are you human?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2003

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.