The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Hi! Any headphone addicts here?

Hello, I am a new students to the Imperila College ( Really hope I can get A in FM to be admitted:o: ), I have a hobby, that is headphone collection. I sometimes visit the head-fi.org, and I have experienced varietyies of headphones, earbuds of different brands( but all not expensive) It is a wired hobby because people usually addicts to Tv, Internet but I am a headphone addicts. Anyway, are there any more abnormal people like me?

EDIT: Well, see whether you are addict or not, just say how many brands you know from the following lists:
1.Sennheiser 2. AKG 3.Beyerdynamic 4.Grado 5.Koss. 6.Audio-technica 7. Sony. 8.Eytomic 9. Weston 10. Ultimate Ear 11. Stax
12.Kenwood(MP3 maker) 13.Creative 14.goldring 15.Denon 16. Ultrasone 17.Yuin (lol if you know this, coz it is a Chinese maker..)
You are quite our kind of people if you know more than 7 from the above lists...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes that is a peculiar hobby that I havent heard of before but I meaneveryone is slightly different. In headphones all i care about is that they are comfortable, stay in your ear and sounds good. Im currently using some panasonic ones which are really good.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I'm a freak, but not to thaaaaat extent.
Reply 3
You mean earphones...
Reply 4
wudanao
Hello, I am a new students to the Imperila College ( Really hope I can get A in FM to be admitted:o: ), I have a hobby, that is headphone collection. I sometimes visit the head-fi.org, and I have experienced varietyies of headphones, earbuds of different brands( but all not expensive) It is a wired hobby because people usually addicts to Tv, Internet but I am a headphone addicts. Anyway, are there any more abnormal people like me?

Aren't you people called audiophiles? I don't think i'd ever have enough money for anything like that.
Reply 5
wudanao

this from the guy that loves visiting museums and on another thread says about he's confused about why people go out drinking.

then says he's NOT a nerd.... riiight
Reply 6
im sort of a headphone addict ... i have 5 pairs of senheisers ( Cx-300 MM50 etc etc ) Thas mainly since i am a DJ so i need to know my **** lol !
Reply 7
nope..
Reply 8
Well, I have a small old 19th century coin collection, and I would like to get some victorian shillings and penny coins while at Imperial, but... ¿headphones? I'm sorry... lol

Anyway, the good thing in collections is that you can collect everything, from coins to headphones, from flags to stamps...
Reply 9
A ... headphone collection? That's an unusual hobby.
Sup babe? Why don't you come over? I'll show you my pictures-of-badly-drawn-on-walls-political-symbols collection. K?
To each his own, I guess.
Reply 11
hallix
Aren't you people called audiophiles? I don't think i'd ever have enough money for anything like that.

Me,either! But all I am now only interested in is headphones and earphones. Come on, you may by a fairly good one within 100 pounds and use it for years, so it is not that expensive...
i have a pair of 115 quid beats by dr dre headphones DAMN these things can sing
Lol I collect PZT's :B!
Reply 14
Audio-Technica ATH-M30's for me
as well as Skull Candy in ear phones
Pair of gaming headphones, that i think are broken :s-smilie:
annd an old pair of Sennheiser, that are definatly broken. (Should not have left them in my bag on the floor, when coming home pissed)
Reply 15
bean87
this from the guy that loves visiting museums and on another thread says about he's confused about why people go out drinking.

then says he's NOT a nerd.... riiight

I think having such a weird hobby actually proves I am not a nerd...Being interested in museums(it is just an example of a destination when I spend my free time travelling around!) instead of drinking overnight can actually prove me a nerd? I really doubt how you get to the conclusion. I really suggest you spending some time visiting the side www.headfi.org and you will find a lot of "nerds" there
You can fairly say I am abnormal, or you can say I am insane, but not NERDS!!! Even if I am, I will not deny it, just like here I admitting I am quite different from normal perople:p:
Reply 16
G550NDH
im sort of a headphone addict ... i have 5 pairs of senheisers ( Cx-300 MM50 etc etc ) Thas mainly since i am a DJ so i need to know my **** lol !

hd215 is quite suitable for DJ use.. P.s. cx-300, I would recommend you to avoid it...
Reply 17
wudanao
I think having such a weird hobby actually proves I am not a nerd...Being interested in museums(it is just an example of a destination when I spend my free time travelling around!) instead of drinking overnight can actually prove me a nerd? I really doubt how you get to the conclusion. I really suggest you spending some time visiting the side www.headfi.org and you will find a lot of "nerds" there
You can fairly say I am abnormal, or you can say I am insane, but not NERDS!!! Even if I am, I will not deny it, just like here I admitting I am quite different from normal perople:p:

at no point did i say liking museums made someone nerdy. at no point did i say collecting headphones was nerdy. and at no point did i say finding going out drinking weird, nerdy.

doing all 3 though... makes you sound pretty much like a nerd

alrite. nerd
Reply 18
bean87
at no point did i say liking museums made someone nerdy. at no point did i say collecting headphones was nerdy. and at no point did i say finding going out drinking weird, nerdy.

doing all 3 though... makes you sound pretty much like a nerd

alrite. nerd

Museums are only a destination of travelling.(London is famous for museums so I mentioned it). Being addicted to headphones is because normal headphone cannot serve my ear to enjoy the music. Everytime I upgrade my headphone and a better sound is obtained, I fell myself more into the music. Drinking, I suppose quite a lot people are not interested in that, especially in China and most importantly, when you are under 17, meaning that drinking is against the law.
1.Like travelling around 2.Enjoying listening to the music.3. Avoid too much alcohol and obeying the law If this three thing makes a people nerd, most people on earth will be classified into this category, even you might find yourself or your friends being a nerd someday.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 19
wudanao
Museums are only a destination of travelling.(London is famous for museums so I mentioned it). Being addicted to headphones is because normal headphone cannot serve my ear to enjoy the music. Everytime I upgrade my headphone and a better sound is obtained, I fell myself more into the music. Drinking, I suppose quite a lot people are not interested in that, especially in China and most importantly, when you are under 17, meaning that drinking is against the law.
1.Like travelling around 2.Enjoying listening to the music.3. Avoid too much alcohol and obeying the law If this three thing makes a people nerd, most people on earth will be classified into this category, even you might find yourself or your friends being a nerd someday.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

no you've changed what i said. enjoying music is not the same as collecting earphones. avoiding alcohol is not the same as thinking negatively of people who do drink. and travelling around is not the same as visiting museums

regardless, this is my opinion. cool story tho, bro

Latest

Trending

Trending