Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    last edited

    (Original post by python38)

    How do you report your A-level grades to US universities? The College Board will send SAT and ACT score reports - do you have to contact Edexcel/OCR and ask them to send similiar reports? Or can you just send photocopies of the certificates?

    I ask because I'm a homeschooled student, took 3 A-levels when quite young, and want to know how to report my grades in these to American universities. I arranged to take my exams at a local school - should I try to get a letter of some sort from the headmaster confirming that I took the exams there and recieved such-and-such grades?

    They will want school-certified (this generally means stamped or signed, but it's up to the school) copies of certificates or statements of results, along with a school-certified transcript (a list of the external examinations you took and the grades recieved printed on school letterhead for every school you sat exams at). If you did the A-levels some time ago and don't have those, you can contact the relevant exam boards and get replacement documents.

    Of course, individual colleges may have different policies, but all the ones I applied did it like that. If it's not clear from the application materials, just email the admissions departments.

University open days

  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.