damn, it was his birthday party tomorrow :frown:
Reply 141
:frown: RIP
my thoughts are with his family and close friends
Reply 142
:frown: :frown:
How sad.
Clubber Lang
perhaps - but as he had such a good record maybe a potential blip was too much for him?

He had so much outside of the job... if something happened there, it alone can't be it. It doesn't make sense having known him for near 5 years.

no offence to you IBers (Well, actually, yes) but i imagine soem of his friends would have dropped him like a fly if he couldn't have kept up with them financially.

Total rubbish. If you had an idea of the friends he had too, you'd know this was ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.
Reply 144
Found out early yesterday morning. :-( RIP Jools

xxxx
Thats really sad man. Had so much to live for to die over nothing. RIP
RIP :frown:
How tragic...:frown:
I read it in the metro just a few hours ago, R.I.P Jools.
This is really sad and tragic.

But I guess he never met failure before and when he did, he couldn't handle it.
Reply 149
Ive never met him but its still really sad. He had so much potential...
Rip
Condolences to his family and friends
xxx
Reply 150
That's really sad...why on earth kill yourself just because you've lost your job? It beggars belief...terrible.
RIP and thoughts are with the family.
I never met him knew him but he had so muc potentially it really is a shame
Ah crap so it is him, read this in the metro on the way back from work, knew I recognised him, then remembered it was from TSR.

RIP
President_Ben
He had so much outside of the job... if something happened there, it alone can't be it. It doesn't make sense having known him for near 5 years.

Total rubbish. If you had an idea of the friends he had too, you'd know this was ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

1) Well, ok. But there is a difference between being able to earn money outside of IB and being able to deal with the end of a career... which leads onto 2.

2) I don't know all of his friends... do you? Having read some of the comments from his friends it seems he was one of those people others looked upto and he was almost perfect, getting sacked would probably have gurt him big time. Obviosuly his closest friends would have stuck by him, doesn;t mean a lot of peopel are not fickle.

I really hope there was a more serious reason why he did it rather than 'just' over his job.
Reply 154
Clubber Lang
2) I don't know all of his friends... do you? Having read some of the comments from his friends it seems he was one of those people others looked upto and he was almost perfect, getting sacked would probably have gurt him big time. Obviosuly his closest friends would have stuck by him, doesn;t mean a lot of peopel are not fickle.
People didn't look up to him because of his job. It was one of the less remarkable things about him.
Drogue
People didn't look up to him because of his job. It was one of the less remarkable things about him.

They did on here, and I would imagine it woudl have been a major factor in his life/lifestyle.

Daily Mail now has a theory if anyone wants to check it out..
Drogue

I respectfully disagree.

His investment banking aspirations were a major part of his persona.
He was "the Geography guy who got into investment banking"
And I guess that when he was about to lose his job, everything came apart for him.

Very sad.
A great loss for TSR, his family, his friends and the world.
He contributed a great deal.:frown: :frown:
Jools got into investment banking by mistake. In April, of the interning year, he found himself lacking a concrete summer plan. He flicked open Times 100 Employers and ABN Amro came up first. So he applied, and got it easily. By virtue of 'gift of gab'.

That you think the crowding blithering mass of idiots that generally makeup the IB&C forum mattered to him, is even stranger since he broadly referred to them as gimps as every opportunity with a classic grin and easy smile.

He's had setbacks or concerns in the past. They're entirely private. The reason goes deeper than the work thing, it has to be deeper than that.
WTH , he studied geography, how did he become a stocbroker ???

Rip..
Reply 159
This echoed what I said before: "But in the City, issues which involve potential loss of money or reputation are taken very seriously.' ". London very much gives off that vibe; it seems all about work and the social/party scene, and to an extent "fakeness". Not meaning to down talk London, but it's built up, industrial with rubbish properties for what is paid. Also add to that the stress with commuting etc. Either way, this potential job loss (which pays very highly) could not have just had ramifications on respect, status and wealth but also financially. It was reported that he recently bought an expensive property in Spain, which if I may add, is an amazing achievement.

Latest

Trending

Trending