Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi! i recently just got my IB scores (like the rest of the world hehe) and i got 39 with two 7s and a 6 in my HL subjects. but i was predicted 33 so of course the uni i am going to for freshman year is...lets say, not my favorite or top choice. i screwed up for the predicted grade because of some personal problems..

i was just wondering if anyone knows if my IB score will help with transferring to another uni for the SECONd year in both the US and UK? in the UK for instance, would i have a chance in transferring to lets say, oxford or LSE if i keep up the good grades for the first year of uni? also, with 39, what uni usually offers admissions for that amount of points? thanks for any help possible

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, transferring might be complicated, maybe take a gap year and re-apply to the better universities.

And yes, 39 should be enough for the uni's you mentioned, I had friends who had offers from Cambridge for 39 points, and from LSE for 38 points. But remember that you will also have to spend some time writing a good essay, and then doing well in an interview.

For transferring, I think US is easier in that regard, as on all websites of US universities there is transfer information. For UK transfer, I would contact the individual universities and ask whether they think it's feasible.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about second year transfer but your case is exactly what Adjustment is designed for. If you have discounted this then sorry to bring it up, I know it's not what you're asking. Have a look here if interested

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827966

I should add that 39 points can be enough for any UK uni (some get higher conditional offers or rejected with higher points already attained eg at Cambridge and St Andrews but 39 gets the same course for others, it comes down to more factors than just predicted scores).

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.