Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well i just finished my first year of my Btec National Diploma in Sport and I think I got DMM. The thing is i don't want to do anything like coaching, gym instructing because i prefer the anatomy aspects of the course and also psychology so I was wondering what type of things can I study at uni with this in mind.

ReputationRep:
    You could try applying for a Psychology course. A lot of Unis these days do accept BTECs if they cover scientific units and units relevant to the course.
    Go on UCAS website then to subject search and try looking for sports anatomy or whatever you want to look for and it will give you an ida of what courses are available to you.

ReputationRep:
    Physiotherapy?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I was looking in to both those areas... is there no way I can do sports statistics without an A level in maths / stats? and also would I have to take sports psychology or could i do the main field of psychology ?

ReputationRep:
    Many Unis will have single or joint honours courses where you could get elements of human biology and psychology, might be a bit hard to get onto with a Btec but I'm sure there's a way.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.