Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am currently studiny alevel psychology as well as trying to reach my goal in life to be an agony aunt of the future. hopefully with your help i can get in a little practice so, i am willing to give confidental advice to any students having difficulties. i will never tell u wat to do or make desicions for u but give u a number of options to help you.

Sooooooooo Please help me by helping your self. just post messages to mail box.

thankyou for reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student_Snoopy)
    i am currently studiny alevel psychology as well as trying to reach my goal in life to be an agony aunt of the future. hopefully with your help i can get in a little practice so, i am willing to give confidental advice to any students having difficulties. i will never tell u wat to do or make desicions for u but give u a number of options to help you.

thankyou for reading.
    No problems (it wouldn't be confidential if i posted here anyway ) But a good idea would be to get some real word practice. A few schools have student support networks, where you can vollunteer to do this sort of thing and get trained for it. Also most unis have a simliar sort of thing.

I have applied to be a student advisor here at Essex and have an interview about it next week, if i get picked to be one i will let you know how it goes and what it involves if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student_Snoopy)

thankyou for reading.
    We have the same role in life, i am all my friends agony aunt!
    I seem to do it quite well!
    Having said that it is nice to know that there is someone out there that is willing to help me along the way!

Cool.

ReputationRep:
    But people who need help most cant usually reach out for it.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like you have a good sense of humour so wot r u studin at the mo sooo wot college do u go to. nice to find out that most students are here to learn but not all work and no play.

ReputationRep:
    cheers your reply m8. good luck to you by the way obviously it wouldnt b complete confidential but any minor problems would be good every little helps.

ReputationRep:
    ok,i have a problem.

I think i have a spending prblem, everytime i go shopping, i have to buy something, even if its something little

And also, when i go out drinking, i always end up crying, why is that?

On a more serious note, im quite worried about my brother.
    He is 16 and is thinking of dropping out of 6th form. He only started in september, and he is so clever it would be a shame for him to give it all up. He is very secretive and oviously has other problems, but he wont tell anyone, not my mum or dad or anyone.

love sarah x x x

ReputationRep:
    i get stuff off my back to my friends usually, i think most people do, some actually come up with good ideas :eek:
    I might send minor tibbits to you if an occasion arose, such as when i'm in germany and have a psychological dilema... such as should i buy a big huge sound system, some decks or go traveling... it's pretty tight between decks and spending 800 on an amp and 700 building some 3-ways. I think i'm introspective enough when i'm in the mood, but outside input always helps me see things another way... even if i do revert to my original plan... i've still thought a bit more, and that must be good in some way.

ReputationRep:
    If the subject is psychology, then they can be devious buggers.. i had some coursework done on me, then found out what it was really about... the next time i gave nonsensical answers to see how that came up in their analysis of whatever it was they were doing... but they wouldn't tell me, and then i forgot... awww.
    Could just be a psychological experiment to see how easy/how many peolple are willing to trust a stranger on the internet, compared to in real life for example, some kind of psychological analysis of the effect of the internet on peoples defences. j/k

ReputationRep:
    or maybe she does just genuinely want to give advice.

sometimes its good to get advice from strangers-they dont judge you.

Everyone has had different experiences, so lots of advice from different people is a good thing i think

x x x

ReputationRep:
    Ask [email protected] He has plenty of problems to go around.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.