Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I just got my international baccalaureate results and have been rejected by Manchester because I didn't meet the entry requirements

The course I want to apply for is Optometry, I know on the page it says

"re-sit applicants are not normally considered"

But I had an offer from them, can I still re apply and then take my retake and hoepfully get in 2010?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizza)
    Hello

I just got my international baccalaureate results and have been rejected by Manchester because I didn't meet the entry requirements

The course I want to apply for is Optometry, I know on the page it says

"re-sit applicants are not normally considered"

But I had an offer from them, can I still re apply and then take my retake and hoepfully get in 2010?
    If you are going to apply for 2010, then why write exams in November? Might as well do it in may..

ReputationRep:
    I'll rather resit chemistry in november as the syllabus will be something I'm familiar with. I know a girl who resat her chemistry exams in may and the syllabus changed, she even asked her teacher before hand about the syllabus but he said there were no significant changes but he was wrong! and she couldn't answer some of the questions in the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out that they don't! But Bradford does, so fingers crossed x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizza)
    I'll rather resit chemistry in november as the syllabus will be something I'm familiar with. I know a girl who resat her chemistry exams in may and the syllabus changed, she even asked her teacher before hand about the syllabus but he said there were no significant changes but he was wrong! and she couldn't answer some of the questions in the paper.
    As you sat the exams in May 2009 you were the first class to sit the new syllabus and this syllabus will not change for a couple of years now - so there is no difference between november 2009 and may 2010!

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.