The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No one can answer this but yourself. Which course do you want to do? It's not even a question of location or university, it's all about the course. Do you want to study geography? Or do you want to study management?

Actually, why did you apply for both?
Reply 2
I didnt.

I applied for Geography, and intended to do geog, but I want to live in Southampton.

At the time I thought it was too far away, so I did not put Geog down for it. They have now offered me a management course.

Im not sure. Geog is probably my preferred course, but the prospect of waiting another year to do it is daunting.
Reply 3
I'd say go with what you enjoy. The course is more important then the place in the grand scheme of things. I did Management and Marketing last year and even tho the people and place were amazing, I left because the course was pretty crap. It just so happens i'm doing geography this year :smile:

I found the management degree to be all a bit pointless to be honest, it was just setting me up for a boring job. A lecturer even said "If ur sitting in your office in a few years bored don't say i didn't tell you so."
Reply 4
thanks, thats helpful :smile:

Just so frustrating that they wont offer me the course I want. Obviously I cant be too upset because its my own fault!
any reason why you cant do ba geography at southampton? or ask them if there is any possibility of you getting on the course?
Reply 6
Well I still have a little bit of hope as the main admissions tutor who would have read my email is away. When he/she comes back I would hope that they may consider me for a place but it is a longshot.

Grades are not an issue. My acceptance for RHUL is of ABB, and so I will qualify for the new 'adjustment' period once I get my results :smile:
Reply 7
Well personally Geography because its far more interesting, and RHol has a good reputation. Enjoying your degree has a huge bearing on how well you perform in it, which impacts your employment prospects.
Reply 8
I started a Management Degree and dropeed out after a few months; Part of it was due to the degree, though looking back I think it was more so just the whole experience I wasnt enjoying, and didn't settle well. I'm doing Geography come September however am still not sure it is a 100% the right decision. I find Geography the more interesting of the two, however sometimes wonder where it's going to take me..
Reply 9
out of interest, where were you studying before?

your right, Geog is interesting. It can also take you into many different occupations though, such as 3rd world development, journalism etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending