Turn on thread page Beta

The Best decade of music?- watch

ReputationRep:
    Which decade of music do you think was the best? and of course why.

Personally, i would have loved to have been a teenager in the 70's. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles!

Let me know if you agree, disagree... etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well the vast majority of the music I listen to is from this decade. I think it's a bit of a stupid question but if I had to choose one, I'd say this one.

ReputationRep:
    60's and 70's. beatles, stones, gnr, aerosmith, zeppelin, jimi hendrix, david cassidy lol the who, and early 80's late 70's abba etc.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, pinning it down to a decade, that IS tricky. Maybe the 1870s, I think, that would be quite good. Some time around then, anyway.

/classical geek

ReputationRep:
    the 90s, only cos i grew up with it
    but if it wasn't for past decades we wouldn't have the music we do today, soooooo pretty pointless.

ReputationRep:
    90's i'd say... excluding this current decade

ReputationRep:
    Most of the stuff I listen to is '90s stuff, but then again i listen to alot of 70's and 80's, and they are the bands that have influenced the 90's groups I listen to.

ReputationRep:
    2010 to 2020.

It's going to be great.

ReputationRep:
    90's.

This decade is :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I love 90s music. This decades pretty sweet too though and theres loads of good stuff from the 60s/70s/80s. Its all been good really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezzler)
    Oooh, pinning it down to a decade, that IS tricky. Maybe the 1870s, I think, that would be quite good. Some time around then, anyway.

/classical geek
    well if we're talking classical.. as i'm kind of a classical geek too.:o: i have to say the late 19th and early 20th century. But i supose thats only because Debussy was around then and i love his music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    Most of the stuff I listen to is '90s stuff, but then again i listen to alot of 70's and 80's, and they are the bands that have influenced the 90's groups I listen to.
    Yeah. When you think about it.. the music scene since the 60's has just been an ongoing development from the Beatles music.. they changed EVERYTHING.. for the better of course. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    70's by far. I guess maybe the first few years in the 80's could be included too.

This decades music is pretty bad... well atleast the mainstream stuff, which is dissapointing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    Yeah. When you think about it.. the music scene since the 60's has just been an ongoing development from the Beatles music.. they changed EVERYTHING.. for the better of course. :rolleyes:
    I think it's a bit too much to put the beatles in the special box they are often put in. They did some revolutionary stuff, but it was not entirely them, but part of the scene that was evolving at the time. They deserve alot of credit, but not all the credit.

1980s!

ReputationRep:
    I can't even begin to imagine music in the 3010's...

ReputationRep:
    60s, 70s 80s. 60s and Mowtown were awesome. 80s and Bowie et al

I HATE the boybands and girlbands from the 90s.

I'm liking some of the music of this decade, none of that new Rap, Urban, Hip-hop scene, and some of the pop really sucks, some is okay I guess.

I like alot of music, but **** me, I'm fussy.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what genre I listen to really.

For chilled stuff, this decade.
    For the rock/metal stuff, the 80s is where its at.
    For the dance stuff, the 90s and naughties.

ReputationRep:
    30's and 40's.

Big Band/Jazz is due a comeback.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say this one tbh :yep:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.