Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ting-life.html

oh yeah, this was my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ting-life.html

oh yeah, this was my school
    Good thing you got out :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is that actually the school? Looks like a block of flats...

ReputationRep:
    The kid obviously really pissed him off :P Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, a man's version of happy-slapping I reckon.
    I hope to god it was filmed :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    schools looks like mine, saying that my tutor teacher did go for prison for abducting a 14 yr old girl and being an all round nonce. He didn't touch her though, just a bit of a groomer.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'd hate to get his question wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iheartnerds)
    Is that actually the school? Looks like a block of flats...
    oh yeah, thats it, lovely place, the end of the article sums the place up well, 'The Catholic school is in a rundown area of Mansfield and boarded-up houses line the street around it.'

ReputationRep:
    That youngster must have been a real ****.

ReputationRep:
    wow, but to be honest It doesn't really matter where you go! I went to a good private school and a boy who used to my school has been all over the news recently for being convicted of murder!

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a maths teacher like that. He kicked tables and threw maths books (heavy ones) at us when we got questions wrong. He's taking anger management classes now. On the other hand everyone in the class passed maths

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8142428.stm

BBC News report...

I would be very pissed if I was one the parents...you send your kids to school and expect them to be safe, not to be hospitalised by a teacher! But bad things can happen in any school, good or bad. An ex-student at my school set fire to it (this was a good school) and we lost loads of exam work...and they burned through the electrics so we had to run off a generator during exams...

ReputationRep:
    maybe he wasn't hitting the right grades :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the teacher? What was he like?

ReputationRep:
    YES but is it better than Westminster School with a 96% A/B A-level pass rate?

Edit: I just read the article.

ReputationRep:
    The kid probably deserved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missmeem)
    The kid obviously really pissed him off :P Lmao.
    Totally agree! I would bet my left arm that the kid in hospital is a cocky little **** who thought he would get away with anything. This kid must have done or said something unbelievably harsh to warrant such an attack. I dont agree with what the teacher did at all, but in a harsh kind of way this might actually teach the kid that you cant just insult people and not have any form of punishment. It's a good lesson for later on in life because when he's older, in a nightclub say, he would get the **** kicked out of him for saying less insulting stuff to people. The teacher should have obviously controlled his anger, but I imagine the coments made must have been about his family/something personal. The kid must have really pissed him off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    Do you know the teacher? What was he like?
    he taught me for 5 years, he was nice! a little bit of an oddball but when I left he left also for mental health reasons, nervous breakdown I think but then had to go back, obviously he couldn't hack it, and whoever said the kid was a cocky ****, you were right, he was a tosser, no excuse though is it... still can't believe it, the charges are now for attempted murder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    he taught me for 5 years, he was nice! a little bit of an oddball but when I left he left also for mental health reasons, nervous breakdown I think but then had to go back, obviously he couldn't hack it, and whoever said the kid was a cocky ****, you were right, he was a tosser, no excuse though is it... still can't believe it, the charges are now for attempted murder
    Bloody hell, attempted murder?? If the guy was like you said, mentally ill at the time he should have a defence to that I think. God knows what went on in that classroom that three kids got injured. Scary.

ReputationRep:
    I thought my school was bad, at least they weren't trying to kill us.
    The teacher attacked the boy with a weight though, no matter how cocky a school kid gets, you can't immediately try to kill them. My school would of been wiped out years ago.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.