need help in writing personal statement for law

Watch
This discussion is closed.
talk908
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i've always known that i wanted to do law, but reading all these sample personal statements gives me the chills because they have work experience or some sort of proffesional knowledge about law..but because of my age and society( i live in Sri Lanka.. the pearl of the indian ocean.. ) an opportunity is scarce. please help.. i'm reconsidering law because of this.
mulberrybay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by talk908)
i've always known that i wanted to do law, but reading all these sample personal statements gives me the chills because they have work experience or some sort of proffesional knowledge about law..but because of my age and society( i live in Sri Lanka.. the pearl of the indian ocean.. ) an opportunity is scarce. please help.. i'm reconsidering law because of this.

Dun be afraid or be intimidated. In fact, lecturers prefer students who have a clean slate when it comes to law. So be yourself and explaing in sincerity why you really want to do law. They can see if you are just trying to pull a fast one. You've got to have a good reason to do law, cos otherwise any other degree would do. If you are really passionate about it, you would have read books related to law and society, cos they go hand in hand. Give it a shot, the UCAS form has got six slots.

Mul
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads