Turn on thread page Beta

Yoghurt. None of your ******ty low fat stuff. watch

Right. I've got swine flu and I've basically been on yoghurt and soup for the last four days, with the occasional poached egg thrown in. This is because my throat kills.

However it seems that the vast majority of yoghurt is really crappy low fat stuff. I'm not trying to lose weight, that would be a bad idea. I remember when I were a wee lad there were proper thick and creamy yoghurts, but they seem to be completely unavailable now. Everything's for low fat dieters. Don't eat yoghurt at all if you want low fat ffs.

Where can I get proper yoghurt?

Thank you.

Oink.

P.S. Low fat, in my experience, is synonymous with tasteless.

ReputationRep:
    Onken is good. Get your chops round these: http://www.oetker.co.uk/oetker_uk/ht...7m2m9x.en.html

You can buy it shops obviously too

Hmm, all the ones in the Co-op round the corner go on and on about how low fat they are but I could give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    You can have whatever you want as long as you don't go outside :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Haha you have swine flu, hahahaha.

Make sure you don't buy farm-yoghurt

ReputationRep:
    Tesco finest. Each pot contains about 40% of your recommended daily allowance of saturated fats. They're good.

ReputationRep:
    Onken do 1kg pots too-

ReputationRep:
    Greek Yoghurt is creamy and has taste, and frubes!

ReputationRep:
    you can't go wrong with petit filous.. mmhmm..

(Original post by Shiny Dirt)
    Greek Yoghurt is creamy and has taste, and frubes!
    oh my yes!! greek yoghurt with honey is a winning combination! and frubes make my heart happy!

ReputationRep:
    French set yoghurts are delicious

(although by some parental conspiracy, I haven't had one in a year or three)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Spleeny)
    Tesco finest. Each pot contains about 40% of your recommended daily allowance of saturated fats. They're good.
    I agree with this. They're heavenly. I'm about to go out and buy some as I can't manage to eat anything at all

Make your own, it tastes much better and you can mix and match flavours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Right. I've got swine flu and I've basically been on yoghurt and soup for the last four days, with the occasional poached egg thrown in. This is because my throat kills.

However it seems that the vast majority of yoghurt is really crappy low fat stuff. I'm not trying to lose weight, that would be a bad idea. I remember when I were a wee lad there were proper thick and creamy yoghurts, but they seem to be completely unavailable now. Everything's for low fat dieters. Don't eat yoghurt at all if you want low fat ffs.

Where can I get proper yoghurt?

Thank you.

Oink.

P.S. Low fat, in my experience, is synonymous with tasteless.

Tesco's Finest yoghurts, with Channel Island Cream, honestly, they are so bad for you, they have like minimum 30% of your saturated fats in a day, they are about 7 million calories each, and they taste lovely!!

Check them out for sure!

Figured I'd recommend a few flavours, firstly, Coconut, that is gorgeous, second, White Peach, beautiful tiny peachy bits!!
    Black cherry is okay too, only ones I have tried but they are just heaven...

ReputationRep:
    Amore by muller are apparently very nice and very bad for u. Hope u get better soon xx

(Original post by ashy)
    You can have whatever you want as long as you don't go outside :awesome:
    I shall be getting a parent to collect it for me.

(Original post by Spleeny)
    :beard: Good point. Bit of a trek to the nearest Tesco but I shall try and convince people. Nice gif btw.

(Original post by Singh_2)
    Make your own, it tastes much better and you can mix and match flavours.
    No. Cba.

(Original post by Luca118)
    Tesco's Finest yoghurts, with Channel Island Cream, honestly, they are so bad for you, they have like minimum 30% of your saturated fats in a day, they are about 7 million calories each, and they taste lovely!!

Check them out for sure!
    These do sound really good.

Also, frubes are not my thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeo Valley yoghurts are the best! No doubt

ReputationRep:
    you cant use the word ******y!

Are you selling them, Saro?

GimpMan, you're in no position to complain.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the problem with muller yoghurts?
    I practically live off of cherry and strawberry flavour nowadays.
    Awwwwwhhhh yeahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Has no one made an 'Onken' joke yet?

:facepalm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.