Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone is familar with VAG.COM and what this fault I have might be.

Scanned my full car and the only codes I got where for:

Implausible Signal - Locking Control Module - Front Passenger Side.

Implausible Signal - Locking Control Module - Rear Passenger Side.

Since Briskoda seems useless at getting back to me at the moment, I thought I'd give it a shot in there.

The symptoms I'm experiencing is the car isn't locking first time, you lock it 2/3 times and then the red led on the driver side lock starts flashing to confirm it's locked.

Total closure works perfectly and no corrosion or water ingress in the doors!

I'm stumped plus apparantly you can't get a Locking Module, it's a whole new door mechanism, windows winder etc.

Any help appriciated.

ah i love vag com. first i would do is clear the codes and see if they come back. if they do you have a problem, if they dont it might have just been having a strop

if they come back first thing is to check all the fuses
    next check for water in the central control module wiring located in the passenger side footwell
    you could clean/replace the lock switches.
    replacement modules you can get off ebay/a breaker

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.