Turn on thread page Beta

Wearing school uniform on a trip watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else have to wear uniform for school trips? We're going to London on a theatre and sight seeing trip tomorrow and Saturday. We have to wear it for the whole time, including both journeys, the evening performance tomorrow and around London on Saturday. Is that a bit tight?

ReputationRep:
    You are gonna get stabbed.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It is a bit. We sometimes had to wear uniform, but not always.

ReputationRep:
    Ocasionally we do. We went to see Phantom of the Opera in our uniform, :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Yehh it's not nicee I hate it but if you see it from the teachers point of view, they wont loose you . My schools the same though and it sucks

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I mean, we would have had to do the same thing. It's just sensible, means Teachers can instantly spot pupils. It's a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForTheWin)
    Yehh it's not nicee I hate it but if you see it from the teachers point of view, they wont loose you . My schools the same though and it sucks
    Ditto!

ReputationRep:
    I can remember a few times that our shool made us wear school uniform, maybe 5 but thats about it (thats in 7 years btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy1395)
    Ocasionally we do. We went to see Phantom of the Opera in our uniform, :p:.
    Are you allowed to be a bit 'relaxed' about how you wear it? I mean, we aren't even going to be allowed to take off our blazers or loosen our ties - that's really tight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie_cheeks)
    Are you allowed to be a bit 'relaxed' about how you wear it? I mean, we aren't even going to be allowed to take off our blazers or loosen our ties - that's really tight.
    Nope, we had to wear blazers, ties, shirts and all. No relaxing for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy1395)
    Nope, we had to wear blazers, ties, shirts and all. No relaxing for us.
    Did you have to wear it done up all the time, or did you get away with being a bit 'casual'?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I ever had a school uniform, it would be the perfect solution to all my lack of hability to pick up my clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if youare wearing uniform out of school, they want it to look perfect, otherwise it's a bad view of the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie_cheeks)
    Did you have to wear it done up all the time, or did you get away with being a bit 'casual'?
    Done up all the time. The teachers said it was because we were " representing the school"

ReputationRep:
    uniform? nah that was back in the day.

ReputationRep:
    That's ****** up. On a weekend? Jeez. You're school sounds horrible. My school would let us change from school uniform to whatever we wanted even if trips were halfway through the day. They'd only make us wear uniform on propper academic trips like when we went debating. If I were you I'd wear what I want on Saturday cos you're gonnna look like pricks otherwise and the worst they would hardly send you home from London. And seriously WTF is everyone on about it's easier for the teachers to spot you. They're not 5 ffs.. they'll have phones and stuff if anything happens.

ReputationRep:
    pm me your number if youre in london, we should hook up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    Well, if youare wearing uniform out of school, they want it to look perfect, otherwise it's a bad view of the school.
    I don't understand why we can't be a bit more relaxed on the coach though. I mean, it's a 4 hour journey. How uncomfortable is that going to be?

ReputationRep:
    Always have to, look like complete nobs in lectures and stuff when everyone else is just wearing whatever they want

ReputationRep:
    We never had to weear uniform although on music tours we had special t-shirts to wear at each of the concerts.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.