Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papo1489)
    im sorry op but i have a few things to say even though there your friends you need to tell them to wise the **** up, you paid money out of your own pocket to go househunting and you even had an extra exam so you've obviously went out of your way to get YOU and you friends a place to sleep, hello hello op why are you being so light on this because there your friends it sounds like there taking advantage of you, i wouldn't stand for it and neither should you stake your claim they obviously have none so you should obviously get first choice theres no way around it no exam execuse no stupid execuse about some engagment taking time out to look at a few houses only takes a few hours out of there time and look at a house and then go home and study or do what ever
    stand up for yourself or they will take advantage of you in the house as well next year im telling you now you let them walk over you they will figure out how easy it is and do it over and over again, even though there your friends even friends can be nasty sometimes
    so please wake up and stand up for yourself if you don't you will regret it
    I agree, if you let them walk all over you now, they will see how easy it is and treat you like crap all year because they know that you will let them. you've got to stand up for yourself and if they dont like it then they can piss off!

ReputationRep:
    Look on the bright side, you got to pick the house you wanted. Relax a little...sit down and have proper talk with the other 2 girls, they might have thought they were doing you a favor by sitting back and letting you choose.
    To be honest i don't think you and your friend should be entitled to the good rooms, you'll all be paying your fair share to live there. Just pull names out of a hat, a smaller room isn't the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    Did you tell them beforehand that if they didn't come househunting, you would get the first pick of the rooms? It sucks that they didn't want to come along and left you to do it all, but unless you explicitly told them that if they didn't come along and help you would get first pick of the rooms, I don't see why it's fair that you should. If they knew this would be the case and still didn't choose to come along, then you could make your case for getting first pick, but otherwise no.

Draw names out of a hat and then it's fair for everyone involved. And remember the issues you've had this year when it comes to arranging things in future (ie either state that there will be consequences if people decide not to help look, or don't share a house with people who can't be bothered to help you).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.