Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not sure this is in the right section but I need a bit of advice

Last night I had 4 friends round plus my fella for a BBQ at my house. We have issues with out neighbour and we don't have a very good relationship with this. At 9pm we were in the garden chatting and on the trampoline, and my neighbour shouted over the fence telling us to shut up, we then said sorry but as we were only sitting talking we continued... she then threatened to "Knock our F******** heads off". We again ignored this. Next thing we knew she was ringing my door bell, me and my friends continued to ignore this.

About 5 minutes later the door bell rang again, I went to the door in and she told me to shut up because she had kids in bed. I said sorry, and we would try to be quieter but it was only 9pm so its not even that late. She then proceeded to explain to me that if i dont shut up she would "smash my f***** door in" and then she put her foot in the door and punched me twice on my face and my arm.

I phoned the police, I had witnesses and explained that I wanted to press charges against this lady.

I made my statement and then the police explained to me that this woman had made counter charges against me and said that I hit her first.

I am now very worried about what might happen, I have just qualified as a teacher and i'm worried that this will be detrimental to my career. I know I didn't do anything wrong, and if anything I was too polite to her. I am just worried about the accusation against me.

Can anyone give me any advice on the situation? :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.