Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a much more confident person at university, I sort of used it as a new start. As a result of my confidence, I became quite popular with my flatmates and coursemates as I seem to get on with everyone.

However, back home I go back to being quieter, sticking to my 3 or 4 close friends and don't go out much. My boyfriend from uni is coming to visit me over the summer and i'm scared that he is going to think of me as false as I am completly different back home and not as sociable. I dont think he will enjoy it.

Pathetic I know, just wondered if anyone else feels they fit in better away from hometown or anything.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure he will enjoy it, he's coming to see you not other people.

I feel like i fit in with certain people that i've met from different places but i've never had the issue of people calling me fake.

Have a good time when he comes to see you, relax about it i'm sure it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    He'll be too busy worrying about meeting your parents to notice!

In all seriousness, the person you are at uni IS who you are, you just adapt differently to different surrondings. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, just try to enjoy the visit with him. I guarantee it will work out.

ReputationRep:
    Try and relax a bit more and project the confident you.

ReputationRep:
    relax and be yourself, don't feel like you have to put on a show for your BF

thanks for the replys people, you're right

ReputationRep:
    Yep, sounds like something I can relate to and has been proved by numerous threads on H&R, so can many others.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same. Although I didn't get a boyfriend at uni.

Or a girlfriend, more to the point.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.