Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do the Ib deliberately make them more hard because you had more time to study?

thanks

x

ReputationRep:
    Considering the grade boundaries, they should be easier?

ReputationRep:
    no why would they be easier. in fact I have heard that may is harder. but it's probably not true.. I mean IB would definitely try to make it as fair as possible. wouldn't make sense for one session to be harder. people in the southern hemisphere, australia etc sit for the november exams. their school term starts arnd jan and runs to the end of the year. so for them, there isn't exactly more time to study. it's the same as for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizza)
    Do the Ib deliberately make them more hard because you had more time to study?

thanks

x
    why would you have more time to study? november exams are not there for retake candidates, just some schools sit exams in november and others in may.

ReputationRep:
    my math teacher told me so: November session is harder since IBO expects ppl who retake to study. but im not sure..

ReputationRep:
    November is harder, and it isn't the same exam as the australians take. They have different exams for each, time zone 1 and time zone 2. All the november maths exams we did were harder.
    So in HL maths at least it is, not too sure about the other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Although the exams may sometimes be harder, the grade boundaries reflect this so I wouldn't worry about that. They generally only have one time zone for November exams since fewer people take them. The main difficulty for someone doing resits is the time without teaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conormacklin)
    November is harder, and it isn't the same exam as the australians take. They have different exams for each, time zone 1 and time zone 2. All the november maths exams we did were harder.
    So in HL maths at least it is, not too sure about the other subjects.
    That's not true. There is only one timezone for the November exams (denoted by TZ0) and hence the exams are the same for everyone taking them in November.

I personally found November exams to be somewhat easier, but that might just be me.

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    This theory that the Nov exams are harder due to people retaking again from May is absurd seeing as us australians can retake in May the next year if we stuff up in November. So basically both in May and November there will be people retaking. Also, like CatIII said there is one time zone and Nov exams are the same all around the world, likewise for May. So I don't see any reason why November exams should be harder, other than some mysterious prejudice that the IB might have against aussies and argies....but that's just not feasible. Lol a racial IB would be quite ironic...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.