Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys what do you like about being in a relationship? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    I haven't been in a relationship

But hypothetically for me it would be having someone to talk to at stupid hours, like 4 a.m.
    i'll be up waiting for your call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    I haven't been in a relationship

But hypothetically for me it would be having someone to talk to at stupid hours, like 4 a.m.
    i'll be up waiting for your call
    Haha if only finding girls were that easy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoSp)
    I'll agree on the cuddling thing. (-1 man-card for me though)

Having something to talk about other than sports or the usual man stuff, a chance to be more gentle, acquire more taste and be more open-minded.

The fact that you go out and have all these little "inside-story" jokes that make both of you burst in laughter just by noticing a small thing while others are looking at you with weird looks.

Also it's the only period that "staying inside and watching a movie" is never a bad thing, especially if the movie is a romantic comedy.

You have someone to look after you, to care about you (not in a "parent-like" way) and you also get the chance to respond to this interest appropriately.

Including the sex, though you asked us not too, that makes this one of the most exciting periods of your life. Especially if you both connect on this level, with no fears, trust issues and complexes.

I think it's pretty amazing. As long as it's something you can live with, can find new things to talk about/or at least never get bored with and someone you can respect and trust.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious?

This board generally people under the age of 25. Why would a male in his prime want a relationship with another women if it was not for sex?

Any guy who says 'For the passion/romance' is a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Gives my f****** hand a bit of a rest! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Haha if only finding girls were that easy :rolleyes:
    depends on what profession the girl is in,
    in all seriousness though hugs and the phoning thing is also something i would like in a relationship. that feeling of sharing something with someone else, and noooo condoms aren't included in that! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
    Cuddles, someone to confide in, the feeling being in a relationship brings, talking, things we have in common, someone to spoil, holding hands, having someone to do things with.

I'm such a pussy.

Ahh so there is hope left for the male population. It's sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoSp)
    I'll agree on the cuddling thing. (-1 man-card for me though)

Having something to talk about other than sports or the usual man stuff, a chance to be more gentle, acquire more taste and be more open-minded.

The fact that you go out and have all these little "inside-story" jokes that make both of you burst in laughter just by noticing a small thing while others are looking at you with weird looks.

Also it's the only period that "staying inside and watching a movie" is never a bad thing, especially if the movie is a romantic comedy.

You have someone to look after you, to care about you (not in a "parent-like" way) and you also get the chance to respond to this interest appropriately.

Including the sex, though you asked us not too, that makes this one of the most exciting periods of your life. Especially if you both connect on this level, with no fears, trust issues and complexes.

I think it's pretty amazing. As long as it's something you can live with, can find new things to talk about/or at least never get bored with and someone you can respect and trust.
    Aww one of the nicest and best replies, lol i dont understand why its a -1 man card, im sure all boys enjoy what you said but are scared to admit it. So its a +10 from a girls perspective

ReputationRep:
    dunno why people are getting all macho about this as if relationships are just for women and gays or something

its actually a really good outlet for all those funny caveman compulsions to have a cave to keep warm and a good woman living there to help eat the dead animals you bring home.

maybe not in as major a way as that but there's definitely something primeval in your brain that flashes a noticeable little "achievement unlocked" type message if you provide food, warmth or shelter to someone you love

and pro evo is way more fun when you know you'll be having sex after no matter who wins

ReputationRep:
    Looking into each other's eyes; there's nothing more beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's the security and companionship mostly. The bond that mean I can't live without her.
    Have you ever tried to revise for an exam on your own and then with a friend and found that it helps so much to just bounce ideas off each other to build up an understanding between the two of you? Being in a relationship is like that... you bounce your experiences off each other and it helps to appreciate everything more, understand the purpose of your life and enjoy it more.

Well, for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edenr)
    Looking into each other's eyes; there's nothing more beautiful.
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugaSuga)
    what it says above, apart from sex thanks.

If you were to ask a girl what she likes, you'd get a long list.
    Knowing someone loves me back just as much as I love her is a real comfort. Also having someone to look forward to when I come back home is what could keep anyone going in any crisis whether it be a mind-numbing exam or stress-filled OR.

And just holding a girl and whispering sweet things in her ear is pretty cool, probably the best real feeling in the world. So naw it's not just physical...I hope I'm not the first to admit it lol. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhukranti)
    Knowing someone loves me back just as much as I love her is a real comfort. Also having someone to look forward to when I come back home is what could keep anyone going in any crisis whether it be a mind-numbing exam or stress-filled OR.

And just holding a girl and whispering sweet things in her ear is pretty cool, probably the best real feeling in the world. So naw it's not just physical...I hope I'm not the first to admit it lol. :coma:
    :o: How sweet, I must direct my boyfriend to this thread xD

ReputationRep:
    talking late at night and hugs.......wow i sound like a fag

ReputationRep:
    Im only 16 but ive been in a one year relationship and this is what i remember as the best bits.

The knowing that someone is always there has to be the best bit.
    Then theres having her sleepover... and being able to stay awake after she falls asleep just to look at how beautiful she is and know that shes yours.
    The feeling you get after not seeing each other for 3 days and it generally meaning the world to meet again.
    Staying up til 5 am on msn and filling up the conversation history 3 times in a night.
    Then when you meet up together with your friends the next day and everyones full of energy and you both feel like crap haha.
    Listening to songs together which have a meaning.
    Lying in bed with your arms round each other talking for hours on end.
    Walking round town with her and your friends and just ditching everyone else to be together and do your own thing.
    The general rush of excitement just from seeing her as we walk towards each other before meeting.
    Her lying down across your lap looking up at you and talking.
    Holding hands.
    Arms around each other.
    Sitting in the park on dark nights keeping each other warm.
    Laughing hysterically over what would usually be nothing.
    Taking pictures of each other.
    How you guide each others hands with your own around your body.
    Kissing her neck.

Just to name a few I miss those times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhukranti)

lol you sound like sree...are you sree?

ReputationRep:
    I want someone to care and love me, who I can share everything with, without being judged. Obviously the sex comes with it :awesome: Must not forget that! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    lol you sound like sree...are you sree?
    nope! now i have to find out who sree is haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugaSuga)
    what it says above, apart from sex thanks.
    If you were to ask a girl what she likes, you'd get a long list.
    OK, I'm going to avoid being stereotypically male. I love my girlfriend so much, not just sex, but she is my best friend. We're both so detached from most people but still have each other to rely on. Most people don't like us, but we don't mind that. I've grown massively in confidence and self-esteem; I feel so fulfilled and joyous. She's without doubt the best thing that has happened to me.

And I know, just know, we will always be together.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.