Turn on thread page Beta

Would like a bench and weights in my new place... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving into a ground floor flat and would like to have a bench and weights there.

There's room there for it. However, the floors are standard (i.e. floorboards I presume) so I'm concerned about dropping the barbell on the floor and doing damage.

There's also the logistical problem of getting it there as I don't drive. Although my dad could help me with that or I could use home delivery if the company I buy them from provides that (if I get them new).

Any advice? Or should I use the facilities at the gymn local to where I'm moving?

Thanks in advance.

Please quote me when you reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaishan)
    I'm moving into a ground floor flat and would like to have a bench and weights there.

There's room there for it. However, the floors are standard (i.e. floorboards I presume) so I'm concerned about dropping the big two hand lifter on the floor and doing damage.

There's also the logistical problem of getting it there as I don't drive. Although my dad could help me with that or I could use home delivery if the company I buy them from provides that (if I get them new).

Any advice? Or should I use the facilities at the gymn local to where I'm moving?

Thanks in advance.

Please quote me when you reply.
    Would that be a barbell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Would that be a barbell?
    Sorry, out of laziness I didn't confirm what I thought it was (a barbell) - which would have merely required a google search - and just posted it used colloquial language. Sorry, about that, however I didn't think it would present a problem in giving me advice.

With that misunderstanding cleared up - would you mind deleting the post as it isn't helping my thread - I'll then delete this one. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.erhard-sport.com/weight-l...at.html?lang=1

or

http://www.erhard-sport.com/weight-l...me.html?lang=1

the last one is a bit ott, but the first one is a viable option. Any rubber mat will Do I guess. Even those big rubber puzzles for babies (aka. ) should do. Just stack 2 or 3 of the on top of each other. That should be enough.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's really helpful. I'll +rep you tommorow.

Is there anymore advice you can give on mats? E.g. the width or combined width/material I need? The ones you've linked to seem fine though.

Any thoughts on the logistical issue? As I said my father can obviously help me to transport them if necessary, but are there any viable options for me to purchase the bench and weights without having a car? Would you recommend any brands and suppliers?

Thanks in advance.

(Original post by NoHands)
    http://www.erhard-sport.com/weight-l...at.html?lang=1

or

http://www.erhard-sport.com/weight-l...me.html?lang=1

the last one is a bit ott, but the first one is a viable option. Any rubber mat will Do I guess. Even those big rubber puzzles for babies (aka. ) should do. Just stack 2 or 3 of the on top of each other. That should be enough.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you are dropping weights, you are not in control. That is bad form and is just lazy - so just get more control and don't drop weights.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.