Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to be driving by Aug 21st, I have 10 hours left, is this possible? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I want to be driving to this years V Festival.

However It may not happen. I'm having lessons and Im pretty close, Ive covered pretty much everything (what I haven't covered is below) and I have about 10 hours (5 lessons) until Aug 6th, when I hope to book my test. (My theory is on July 22nd)

So what I haven't covered:
    -Bay Parking (will be doing next lesson)
    -Parralell parking
    -Reversing around a corner
    -Dual Carriageways
    -Emergency Stops

Thats it. So within 10-12 hours could I cover all this and be ready for my test?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how many lessons you've had already, how well you progress. Personally, I'd think no. If you've not driven on a dual carriageway yet, I'd say it will be hard. How much private practice will you have between the dates?

ReputationRep:
    good luck on getting the test in time lol depending on where you live

provided you're not a retard at the wheel and your instructor isn't milking you it is possible. Also depends on private practice

ReputationRep:
    Ermm.. what have you covered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    If you've not driven on a dual carriageway yet, I'd say it will be hard.
    lol what? since when has driving in a straight line been difficult

ReputationRep:
    whats the waiting list for tests? Its 7 weeks where I am so no, it may not be possible

ReputationRep:
    Possible, but I wouldnt get my hopes up. You might want to book soon because waiting lists are usually 4 weeks+

ReputationRep:
    Well, your the only person who knows the answer really, how well have you progressed/how quickly have you learnt everything up to now?

Chances on booking your test the day you pass your theory and getting it within 4 weeks are pretty slim to be fair!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    whats the waiting list for tests? Its 7 weeks where I am so no, it may not be possible
    one week where I live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    lol what? since when has driving in a straight line been difficult
    Different speeds, traffic?
    Also, how often do you go to where your test is? For me, it's a half an hour drive away, but if you live in a town, it might be easier for you. Do you know any test routes-ish yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    one week where I live
    that makes me jealous

Go for it then, and good luck :p:

ReputationRep:
    So you haven't learnt any maneuvers yet? Might be a little tricky then depending on how quickly you pick them up, I personally am a crap driver naturally so took me a lot of lessons to master them to test standard.

ReputationRep:
    tis very expensive.....could you get some extra lessons?

Also - if there's only a week waiting I'm guessing your ruralish? this is good...

I couldn't pass my test in the city so I booked it for on top of a mountain about 15 miles away from where I live....and passed. SHOCKING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    that makes me jealous

Go for it then, and good luck :p:
    yes but you live in Liverpool (my hometown) so you have a nice big city to live in. I live in a shi* Little village lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valkyrja)
    tis very expensive.....could you get some extra lessons?

Also - if there's only a week waiting I'm guessing your ruralish? this is good...

I couldn't pass my test in the city so I booked it for on top of a mountain about 15 miles away from where I live....and passed. SHOCKING.
    I thought that was a joke then lol, yes I do live in a rural area.

ReputationRep:
    yes but you live in Liverpool (my hometown) so you have a nice big city to live in. I live in a shi* Little village lol
    aha you have a point. :yep:

I'm on the wirral though actually, about 10 miles south of the city centre and its like another world! Still busy though.

ReputationRep:
    one week where I live
    Don't believe that for a second. What's your test centre? I did mine at a tiny centre in the outskirts of a small time and even then the minimum wait was 4 weeks.

Even with a 1 week wait, your pushing it.

People with goals to pass by X time never make them - far to ambitious and don't take into account your own individuality and go off your friends pass times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nico_SU)
    Don't believe that for a second. What's your test centre? I did mine at a tiny centre in the outskirts of a small time and even then the minimum wait was 4 weeks.

Even with a 1 week wait, your pushing it.

People with goals to pass by X time never make them - far to ambitious and don't take into account your own individuality and go off your friends pass times.
    Well why would I lie to make myself feel better? If it wasn't a week I wouldn't kid myself. And yes I am pushing it, I know.

ReputationRep:
    1 week wait for the test?

it is pushign it to learn all that stuff in 10 hours but it can be doen if you have good control of the car by now.

the pakring stuff (and especially paralell parking) is generally considered the hardest stuff

If I was you I would book it now for August. I assume you have a car available straight away? Because it takes tiem ot buy a car and tax/mot/insure it if needed.

do able, but i wouldnt count on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Different speeds, traffic?
    i still don't see what makes it so difficult?
    different speeds meaning you just put your foot down further
    traffic - you spend half your time as a learner being over taken and besides if there's a jam, it's a hell of a lot easier than town traffic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.