Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm a guy, almost 20, at uni and I have still never had a girlfriend. And I'm getting to the stage where I'm really wondering whats up with me.

Before going any further - I'm a little bit fat - but wouldn't say obsese or anything - just a bit tubby I guess. This is often what I put the reason down to but find myself thinking - there are definitely people a lot larger than me and a lot worse looking than me who have got someone - so why not me?

I'm very social and quite easy to get along with, a lot of friends say im a pretty good person to confide in as well, so the only thing I could say about my personality is that I'm not overconfident or arrogant about myself. My only issue is my tubby appearance usually (thats often what holds me back from chatting to a girl with the intention of asking her out) - but I don't get offended by anyone who makes jokes about that, in fact I usually take it in very good humour.

So thats me, I was just wondering if an outsiders' view on me may spot why I've not managed to get a girlfriend as yet, because really - looking at some of the people who have.. It baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    How's your face?

Kidding. If you're as nice as you say you are I'm sure you'll have plenty of girlfriends/interest to come. At 19, I wouldn't really be worrying just yet, if you were 29 then yeah :p: Maybe try not to dwell on it, people always say that when you stop looking, someone that's right for you comes along, so maybe try to apply a bit of that here?

Do you have a lot of female friends/know of lot of girls? Do things where you meet new people etc?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know to be honest. I don't see why you havent got someone. Have you ever asked a girl for her number or shown someone that you are interested? Maybe you should bite the bullet and go for it with someone! I know it is a bit daunting, particularly if you don't feel 100% confident about yourself but you've just got to tell yourself it's worth it and you may regret it if you pass up the opportunity to get with someone you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    How's your face?

Kidding. If you're as nice as you say you are I'm sure you'll have plenty of girlfriends/interest to come. At 19, I wouldn't really be worrying just yet, if you were 29 then yeah :p: Maybe try not to dwell on it, people always say that when you stop looking, someone that's right for you comes along, so maybe try to apply a bit of that here?

Do you have a lot of female friends/know of lot of girls? Do things where you meet new people etc?
    The face ain't too bad really! haha

Suppose thats a good way to look at it.

I've a few female friends, but not lots - lets just say a course in computing doesn't really have much of an equal proportion!
    But I have done various society type stuff at uni (also figured I wasn't really going to meet many people with a course like mine!). Seems to have worked for some people... hangin in there myself!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.