Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1. When will it be?
    2. What will spark it?
    3. Who will be involved, and what sides will there be?
    4. Who will be victorious?

Your predictions, please!

ReputationRep:
    1. not likely it will
    2. USA
    3. of course, the whole world, and maybe the chistian domintaed countries vs rest
    4. nobody, lol

you can say i'm wrong, i bloody hope i am!

ReputationRep:
    I would say that the age of interstate industrial warfare is over.

ReputationRep:
    The World against Islam!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it ever will, the threat of MAD is too great a risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I can imagine some governments are too insane and zealous to care about MAD, or governments like these may emerge in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr FiX-iT)
    The World against Islam!
    I concur

ReputationRep:
    Quite right, for those who don't know what MAD is, MAD = Mutually Assured Destruction.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! That is so cool!! And so very scary at the same time....(I only just looked it up)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    1. When will it be?
    2. What will spark it?

1. In the not too distant future.
    2. North Korea
    3. North Korea vs. Everyone
    4. Barring some deus ex machina, probably not North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the 'ze Germans' will be on the winning side this time, third time's the charm an' all

ReputationRep:
    1. When will it be?
    2. What will spark it?

Axis of Evil XI versus The World

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr FiX-iT)
    The World against Islam!
    Didn't we already have the crusades?
    Or do we all want another round of holy war? Sit down, you're embarrassing yourself.

WW3 will be nuclear, most likely. It could start from any number of flashpoints, China, Russia, NATO being the heavies, but the flashpoints being small satellite states. It is unlikely that anyone will be 'victorious'.

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna happen in our time, So relax and enjoy life. My prediction is that sooner or later terrorists will get hold of nuclear weapon and start havoc but it won't bring total destruction upon the world, Just a few tens of thousands killed. To conclude, Any future war will probably start of terror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    Didn't we already have the crusades?
    Or do we all want another round of holy war? Sit down, you're embarrassing yourself.

WW3 will be nuclear, most likely. It could start from any number of flashpoints, China, Russia, NATO being the heavies, but the flashpoints being small satellite states. It is unlikely that anyone will be 'victorious'.
    Yeah it could be against Islamic rogue states who have access to nuclear weapons or failed Muslim influenced states i.e. Iran, Pakistan.

I dont think North Korea have got the balls to start an nuclear war...their too hungary.

The Chinese are too busy trying to stablise their economy for years to come.

But I must admit Russia could be a threat, the cold war is still not behind us or them.

ReputationRep:
    1. When will it be?
    2. What will spark it?

It's kind of depressing that you seem to think it's inevitable. I don't believe it is. About 60+ million people died in WW2, I'm hopeful there won't be a WW3.

ReputationRep:
    I feel that a global war is going to be inevitable in the future really, what with all the resources such as oil and food running out fast.
    They've been saying we're going to run out of oil in 20 years for about 50 years, but I think at some point in the near future it really will run out. And I doubt the whole world is going to peacefully collaborate and try to find alternative fuels...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaishan)
    It's kind of depressing that you seem to think it's inevitable. I don't believe it is. About 60+ million people died in WW2, I'm hopeful there won't be a WW3.
    That's what they said about WWI, the war to end all wars. Sure international relations are vastly different today than post-WWI, but WWII shows that anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphamale)
    Not gonna happen in our time, So relax and enjoy life. My prediction is that sooner or later terrorists will get hold of nuclear weapon and start havoc but it won't bring total destruction upon the world, Just a few tens of thousands killed. To conclude, Any future war will probably start of terror.
    Just.

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds really bad but i wouldn't be surprised if world war 3 broke out really soon like this autumn. Its just the whole world is at a state of unrest and all mixed up and imo it won't take much to send it over the edge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.