Turn on thread page Beta

*The Karl Pilkington Society* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Pondersome.)
    **** me, i love Karl Pilkington. I have both his books and i listen to the podcasts. It was immense when he found the pile of dead flies and a condom on top. Hahah.
    That bit was great.

Has anyone listened to the XFM podcasts as well? Are they worth listening to?

ReputationRep:
    Finally this has happened. Well done OP, you are now my hero. Im in love with Karl Pilkington. There's this hairy chinese kid.

ReputationRep:
    i love his podcasts but hav no money to buy them so have only heard free stuff. but yeh hes hilarious. and in the thing he does with ricky gervais and stephen merchant, he's funniest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NEVERYOUMIND)
    i love his podcasts but hav no money to buy them so have only heard free stuff. but yeh hes hilarious. and in the thing he does with ricky gervais and stephen merchant, he's funniest.
    There are ways to listen to them without paying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    That bit was great.

Has anyone listened to the XFM podcasts as well? Are they worth listening to?
    Yes, they are definitely worth listening to!

ReputationRep:
    i downloaded most the xfm shows a couple of years ago im not sure if they are still around for free anymore. i listened to recent podcasts about "ricky gervais guides to.." but i find he just cuts down most of what karl says whereas in the early shows it was more natural banter between them

ReputationRep:
    you can get most of the xfm shows from pilkipedia as free downloads. if not then just go for good old isohunt + bitlord

last time i checked i had 5.2GB of their stuff. over 8 days of top class audio. im never bored with them and my ipod to hand. literally improved my life by about 80%

ReputationRep:
    http://pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.p...st_RSK_Moments

link to the top100 RSK moments as voted by pilkipedia

personal favourites for me are; mr k dilkington, forest gump in a wheelie bin, only fools and horses impressions, a story about a fire a wife and a cat and finally "put a manhole cover on it. never saw it again"

man i love pilkie

ReputationRep:
    "If it's all about arse, then why don't gays like a little bit of tit"

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington is my favourite idiot ever.

I secretly find some of the things he says quite intelligent. Sssh, keep it under your hats...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    Karl Pilkington is my favourite idiot ever.

I secretly find some of the things he says quite intelligent. Sssh, keep it under your hats...
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    BRILLIANT THREAD OP!

I loved Karl's ideas to put a 'giant mirror on the moon'... and when Ricky challenged how it would get up there, he replied 'in bits'. Great mirror that would be!

Karl Pilkington is a legend, but to be honest he wouldn't be as enjoyable to listen to without Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant's responses to him, whether it be their infectious laughter or them challenging his ridiculous views.

Those podcasts have changed my life.

True story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lola_Stars*)
    BRILLIANT THREAD OP!

I loved Karl's ideas to put a 'giant mirror on the moon'... and when Ricky challenged how it would get up there, he replied 'in bits'. Great mirror that would be!

Karl Pilkington is a legend, but to be honest he wouldn't be as enjoyable to listen to without Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant's responses to him, whether it be their infectious laughter or them challenging his ridiculous views.

Those podcasts have changed my life.

True story.
    thanks, yeah it's made my life better too

I remember when I first discovered them, I used to do my paper round whilst listening to them, aaah good memories. Have you ever listened to them in public and burst out laughing? It's embarrasing and difficult to not laugh when you hear the genuis speak. If you haven't already you should go to www.pilkipedia.co.uk, download all the old XFM shows for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    thanks, yeah it's made my life better too

I remember when I first discovered them, I used to do my paper round whilst listening to them, aaah good memories. Have you ever listened to them in public and burst out laughing? It's embarrasing and difficult to not laugh when you hear the genuis speak. If you haven't already you should go to www.pilkipedia.co.uk, download all the old XFM shows for free
    Haha no but I put them on my iPod and listened to them on that and I burst out laughing in front of my family who are like wtf because they presume I'm listening to music!

That is a great website which I've already visited, but thanks for the link regardless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lola_Stars*)
    Haha no but I put them on my iPod and listened to them on that and I burst out laughing in front of my family who are like wtf because they presume I'm listening to music!

That is a great website which I've already visited, but thanks for the link regardless
    haha my Mum used to be like ''What are you laughing at''?

ReputationRep:
    i used to lie on bed listening to it and fall about laughing. many times my mum has some in wondering what the hell is going on

ReputationRep:
    "I just think theres a little dishwasher floating about on Mars"

ReputationRep:
    Aunty Nora>>>

ReputationRep:
    I love Karl. My mp3 player is full of podcasts and Xfm downloads.

"Man-moth?"

"She came out the sea...and it looked like she was smuggling seaweed."

Also his legendary poems - "If moths had eyes, would they be happier? How do they know they're not dead?" Ricky's reaction to this was just hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    Also, luring a worm out of some bloke's head by using bacon - "Because everyone likes the smell of bacon!"

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.