(Original post by gcampb)
    I would love to meet Karl..my favourites are:

On what Karl would do with £250k -
    'I'd go and see a tornado..'

Karl's brief explanation of mans evolution -
    'We went from plankton, to fish, to mermaid to man'

Karl on evolution again -
    'A seal is just a cross between a dog and a fish'

Cant wait for the new audiobooks to come out, is it the 3rd of November?
    I don't know - I hope you're right though!! I first bought the Ricky Gervais Guide to... and it was hilarious, then I listened to the Ricky Gervais Show and the XFM stuff, heard the other 'in' jokes and it was even funnier!

I love these guys
    Paul 'The Party Animal' Parker lmao!

I want to meet Steve, personally. He's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Yep the Guide to Society is out on the 3rd - can't wait!

Had a couple of train journeys recently so been listening to the podcasts - the one where Karl talks about his idea for a film - "Who the ****'s Clive Warren?!"
    Also Karl trying to work out Ricky's logical puzzle with the two people guarding the doors to heaven and hell - "Got some post for God here..." LOL!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_green)
    Yep the Guide to Society is out on the 3rd - can't wait!

Had a couple of train journeys recently so been listening to the podcasts - the one where Karl talks about his idea for a film - "Who the ****'s Clive Warren?!"
    Also Karl trying to work out Ricky's logical puzzle with the two people guarding the doors to heaven and hell - "Got some post for God here..." LOL!!
    Brilliant! Grrr I wish Itunes was working, usually they release 10 minutes of forthcoming 'Guide to..' episodes as podcasts before they go on sale.

What is that logical puzzle from?

The last two video's Ricky has released interviewing Karl have been brilliant. I just wish all the podcasts and radio shows had been done like that - seeing Karl looking blank or confused just cracked my up.

ReputationRep:
    The puzzle is from Season 2 of the podcasts - either first or second episode.

I recently saw a video of Ricky, Steve and Karl trying to think of songs about New York, and Ricky and Steve keep rubbishing all Karl's suggestions until eventually he gets frustrated and snaps 'I don't wanna play anymore.' I love it when he gets wound up lol.

ReputationRep:
    Karl on swearing whilst on the radio -
    Jesus, I bet Jesus swore. I'm just thinking, things are better now than they were back then right? He's wandering about in his sandals getting pebbles stuck in there and stuff and thats annoying. Nails in his hand, that must have hurt.

ReputationRep:
    wow i thought i was the only one who listened to his utter drivel!

we want monkey news back!

i love it when he talks about jellyfish and how they're 97% water. he said just give them another 3% and make them water, which is more useful ROFLMAO.

ReputationRep:
    The preview for the new audiobook 'The Ricky Gervais guide to..Society' is up :yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wep8RaToukQ

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget to download the XFM shows, you can torrent them. LOADS of episodes there, and in my opinion they're better than the podcasts

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington is a genius. Of a kind.

Some of my favourite quotes off the top of my head..

"Whether it's a potato or a nut,
    it's a foodage"

The one about the old couple on holiday
    "packing socks into a rubber bag"

" I was still using me' eyes even though they were shut "

What drivel.

I am so glad I am not the only one who finds myself in tears of laughter listening to these podcasts. My friends just don't get it. Russell Howard? Pah, pah, ...

ReputationRep:
    The Guide to Law and Order is out!

Found a clip on youtube, from the Xfm days - 'Make Ricky Gervais Laugh'.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aQjsifc2Q

ReputationRep:
    His head was in great condition... it just wasn't attached to his body...

ReputationRep:
    You guys seen this? Karl goes mental!

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Yeah I love that clip, it's so rare to hear Karl laughing that it's almost disturbing lol.

ReputationRep:
    Karl: "Ye so they were doing alright and it all went wrong when he crossed the road and got run over, the lad with two heads got run over. That's it."

Steve: "What! How is that cheeky freak of the week?"

Karl: "Just because he'd got my interest and i kinda thought why didn't he just look both ways?"

Ricky: " Paaahahahaaa"

Obsessed with the mind of Karl Pilkington, currently reading through his diary 'Happyslapped by a jellyfish'. Pure comedy, will never get sick of him.

ReputationRep:
    I really, really can't wait for this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    I really, really can't wait for this!

I'm gutted - since moving back home from uni I don't have Sky and am therefore unable to watch what will no doubt be Karl at his absolute best. In Egypt at the Pyramids: "They don't show you that in the brochure do they? ****** old nappy whizzing about." I'm gonna have to try and blag up my friends to watch it at theirs but they generally neither know nor care of Karl Pilkington - shocking I know. Ah, I'm gonna stick on the radio shows to console myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannymccs)
    I'm gutted - since moving back home from uni I don't have Sky and am therefore unable to watch what will no doubt be Karl at his absolute best. In Egypt at the Pyramids: "They don't show you that in the brochure do they? ****** old nappy whizzing about." I'm gonna have to try and blag up my friends to watch it at theirs but they generally neither know nor care of Karl Pilkington - shocking I know. Ah, I'm gonna stick on the radio shows to console myself.
    Ahh gutted. Although I'm pretty sure each episode will be plastered all over the net after it's been aired, torrent sites and stuff like that. Worth a try I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Ahh gutted. Although I'm pretty sure each episode will be plastered all over the net after it's been aired, torrent sites and stuff like that. Worth a try I guess!
    Ah deffo, will have a hunt around - but not quite the same as watching at the time on TV obviously. Plus my friends at uni love Karl so I'll be missing out on the online chatter if I don't see it straight away...

Ah, it makes me smile just typing his name. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I just love those moments when I have my iPod on shuffle and the remix of "I could eat a knob at night" comes on.

As much as I love Ricky and Stephen (anybody else heard he's going to be the voice of Wheatley in Portal 2?!), I think I listen to the podcasts more for Karl than anybody else. Although their reactions... especially Ricky's laughing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTH1coLIWE

And there's a second part to watch as well. What a treat this is. Enjoy everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.