Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just having a look at the Staffs Union website to see what stuff there is to join and saw i few things that look good

American Football Club
    Dodgeball Society
    Poker Society
    TKD Kickboxing

Thing is, they're all in Stoke! :mad: :mad:

Is it too far to go really to join any of these, form Stafford?

Over at Stafford the only ones that interest me are

Airsoft Society
    Basketball Club Men's (watched Space Jam the other day, that's why i want to try)

That's it actually....I hope there's more than on the site

I'm also disappointed Stoke are the ones to get

Cheerleading Society
    Poledancing Society

And if anyone wants to start baseball with me, even though i don't know how to play :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    most people that go to pole dancing classes/clubs are not attrcative you know

I think the extreme frisbee, basketball (even though Im short my school basketball record is one game played one win lol) and airsoft.

Want badminton but it's in stoke.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to take a look at the airsoft society when I get there. I've played paintball before and that sounds as fun if not more.
    The fact that Poker is in Stoke is really annoying.

I also want to know how easy it is to get to Stoke for their clubs and societies.

ReputationRep:
    I think if enough people from stafford are on board you could start your own society.

I'm up for games of poker now and then.

ReputationRep:
    You can join up for a Stoke society, it just means you have to make your way there a few times a week. There's a bus that runs from the Stafford to Stoke campus or you can get the train or drive, not too much of a big deal

I tried Extreme Frisbee last year and it's pretty fun! It was a bit too intense for me though as I was very unfit when I started last Sept. as I had become extremely lazy!

ReputationRep:
    Im not exactly tall but i want to try basketball. Not really played much before, only in PE at high school, but its only a bit of fun isnt it? Not just for the good people... is it?

Thing about starting up my own at stafford, i dont know too much about the things i want to do.

ReputationRep:
    well I ain't played basketball in ages so I'll join you there being a mediocre player lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the societies are just a bit of fun. There's obviously going to be some competitiveness in there if you play against other Unis.

Also, you don't have to be tall to place B'ball. My mate is like 5'5 and he plays it fine :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes if by mediocre you mean crap! Haha

Im not even bothered about playing competitively, i just will need a bit of exercise

I really wanted to do dodgeball too

ReputationRep:
    i can't see anything on roller hockey or ice skating (obviously not ice rink in the uni but there is a ice rink in telford right) and roller hockey shouldnt be to hard to set up, should it? is there any where to kind of play that sort of sport?

ReputationRep:
    There's Mens regular hockey

and i make another request.BASEBALL anyone???? i have no idea how to play. there's a few teams in manchester but that's no use when i go away

ReputationRep:
    baseball and roller hockey, I was unaware I was attending uni in america :O

ReputationRep:
    haha there are baseball teams in England too.

I suppose rounders is kind of like baseball but isn't it more for girls? Bat and ball games we have, cricket! cricket? BORRRINNNGGGGGGG!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    pffft rounders is awesome

If the game was for girls then when lads verse them at it the lasses would win, they don't though even though they play it all the time and it's the first time the lads play it :|

Same with normal hockey

ReputationRep:
    so guys can play at stafford then i assume.

will do that, closest i'll get to baseball

Edit: just looked at the site...its at bloody stoke

ReputationRep:
    well who cares as long as enough people wanna play from stafford we'll start one ourselves lol

ReputationRep:
    Just get 5-10 people (I forget the numbers, might be 10) and get it set up in Stafford. Staffords campus isn't full of geeks, plenty of Sporty people

ReputationRep:
    hah, i would have gone to the pole dancing society...to watch(!)
    Probably obvious why they chose Stoke to host that though...

ReputationRep:
    omfg please don't join ultimate frizbee lmao! its full of geeks and nerds doing it as they're just toooo uncool to do any real type of sport/activity. I know half the comitee will wanna kill me now for saying that, but still... reallly? join summin decent lol

(Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    Just get 5-10 people (I forget the numbers, might be 10) and get it set up in Stafford. Staffords campus isn't full of geeks, plenty of Sporty people
    there is no minimum number needed anymore i know cos i founded the sushi society a few weeks ago...

(Original post by noaksey)
    hah, i would have gone to the pole dancing society...to watch(!)
    Probably obvious why they chose Stoke to host that though...
    They did come to stafford a few times lol, especially on monday nights for the Clubs & Societies takeover nights. Abi used to run it, but she's graduated the other year, so has someone else incharge now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    omfg please don't join ultimate frizbee lmao! its full of geeks and nerds doing it as they're just toooo uncool to do any real type of sport/activity. I know half the comitee will wanna kill me now for saying that, but still... reallly? join summin decent lol

They did come to stafford a few times lol, especially on monday nights for the Clubs & Societies takeover nights. Abi used to run it, but she's graduated the other year, so has someone else incharge now

i can imagine them being major geeks.

was this abi fit? that why she was worth the mention?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.