Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    like I said most people that take poledancing classes are overweight and looking for a "fun" way to lose weight.

There was a poledancing class in the night club round the corner from my house. The instructor was like 40 and ugly and most of the people who attended where gay (men) or ugly, there were a few fit people though but they were the minority lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    omfg please don't join ultimate frizbee lmao! its full of geeks and nerds doing it as they're just toooo uncool to do any real type of sport/activity. I know half the comitee will wanna kill me now for saying that, but still... reallly? join summin decent lol

When I see the words "ultimate" and "Frisbee" together I cant help but be impressed sounds like fun lol :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I went to the taster session, it's pretty fun! But I agree with Vic, it is full of geeks and nerds. If 'proper' sports people set it up, it'd be pretty awesome because it's something different and very competitive!

ReputationRep:
    Us "proper sports people" should go bully the nerds for their dinner money and take over lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonyjoe)
    most people that go to pole dancing classes/clubs are not attrcative you know

I think the extreme frisbee, basketball (even though Im short my school basketball record is one game played one win lol) and airsoft.

Want badminton but it's in stoke.
    There's badminton in Stafford too (or so I believe), if there isn't want to make one at Stafford? I'm up for running a society etc

The Snowboarding society looks good too.

Quick question - you don't have to be any good for the particular society - I'm thinking Football however I'm shocking to say the least but I really want to improve, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    There's badminton in Stafford too (or so I believe), if there isn't want to make one at Stafford? I'm up for running a society etc

The Snowboarding society looks good too.

Quick question - you don't have to be any good for the particular society - I'm thinking Football however I'm shocking to say the least but I really want to improve, cheers
    I think its mostly casual at stafford campus so probably don't need to be too greeat, if so i will join the football one too because Im mediocre at the game and could do with getting fit again.

And yes if there is no badminton I will definitely join, I haven't touched my raquet in 2 years seeing as I have no friends that enjoy the sport

ReputationRep:
    Most of the socities are just for a laugh.

I'm hoping to get a team sorted for the 5-a-side football society. I play every week anyway so should be fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    Most of the socities are just for a laugh.

I'm hoping to get a team sorted for the 5-a-side football society. I play every week anyway so should be fun!
    People who play for the team are amazing I'm guessing?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly don't have to be! I have no idea how many of my mates are footy players, I certainly am and my mate is, but we'll need at least 3 others. I'm only really considering it because I love playing footy, but I'm sure others on the team would do it for a laugh!

Won't really know until everyones back up here. Definatly welcome on my team if only one or two of my mates don't fancy it!

ReputationRep:
    Excellent I'd definatly give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for a Poker society at Stafford

Can someone link me to this list of societies please?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.staffsunion.com/activities/clubsandsocs/

Also!

Tuesday 22nd September, 11-3pm in Stafford
    Friday 25th September, 11-3pm in Stoke

Those are the dates/times for the clubs/socities/voltuneering fairs!

ReputationRep:
    Id be up for starting poker with someone. Im not very good mind

ReputationRep:
    I've tried learning poker but didn't have much luck

ReputationRep:
    http://www.staffsunion.com/activities/clubsandsocs/

Also!

Tuesday 22nd September, 11-3pm in Stafford
    Friday 25th September, 11-3pm in Stoke

Those are the dates/times for the clubs/socities/voltuneering fairs!
    Are you certain - I'm going to be applying for UBAS but when I asked the squadron they said that they are attending Stoke on the 22nd?:eek3:
    Any help here from the Students currently attending would be MOST welcome, e.g. if you know if the UBAS stall is at Stoke or Stafford? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh no idea, those are just the dates it said on the Staffs Union website! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh no idea, those are just the dates it said on the Staffs Union website! :p:
    Ah ok, thanks anyway mate.

ReputationRep:
    What is UBAS? I tried to google it incase everyone else knew what it was and I sounded stupid, and this is what it came up with:

UBAS Urea Based Ammonia System
    UBAS Under Bonnet Alarm Switch

I doubt its one of these lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frazzled22)
    What is UBAS? I tried to google it incase everyone else knew what it was and I sounded stupid, and this is what it came up with:

UBAS Urea Based Ammonia System
    UBAS Under Bonnet Alarm Switch

I doubt its one of these lol
    It's the University of Birmingham Air Squadron. http://ubasonline.co.uk/

I really don't want to miss the chance to join. That would be very bad indeed .

Maybe Wiggler/Vic would be able to help, he might know what stalls are at Stafford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_R)
    Id be up for starting poker with someone. Im not very good mind
    strip poker? one man v unlimited women?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.