Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please help!

My sister and I have just had a bit of a scrap, and I've ripped the back of my school skirt. What's the best way to sew it so it doesn't fall apart tomorrow?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by muppetry)
    Please help!

My sister and I have just had a bit of a scrap, and I've ripped the back of my school skirt. What's the best way to sew it so it doesn't fall apart tomorrow?
    Have you a sowing machine?

If not, just sow it basically, and use safety pins...(large bit on the inside), then get it mended properly over the weekend or get a new one, otherwise it will fall apart again...

ReputationRep:
    if the seem has come undone, then just pin it and quickly stitch it back together for tomorrow. if the actual fabric has ripped then you're pretty screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    if the seem has come undone, then just pin it and quickly stitch it back together for tomorrow. if the actual fabric has ripped then you're pretty screwed
    Yeah it's just ripped right up from the split to the zip. I've pinned it and managing to stitich it. I've only got red thread though and it's a navy skirt!

My sister can't get her tie off, I've pulled it so tight!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.