Turn on thread page Beta

i've been seeing this guy for about 3 months now, started as a bit of fun, but i've started feeling something for him now. He told me that he got with his ex the other day. She's part of the same friendship group, so he sees her regularly. He told me that he likes me more, but that he got with her. And this is the first time i've realised how much i like him cos I'm quite upset about it.does it mean anything that he actually told me? neither of us have got with anyone else since it began. What is he doing..?? Any advice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sex and sex only. He's keeping you because variation in vagina is always a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lawd you started NSA and now you get pissed when he has sex with someone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Sex and sex only. He's keeping you because variation in vagina is always a bonus.
    Pretty much this.

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    You're royally screwed. He doesn't care about you.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's using you. I'd dump him and move on. You deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunIllusions)
    You're royally screwed. He doesn't care about you.
    He doesn't care about her because he slept with another girl despite the fact they were not in a relationship? How does that make her royally screwed?

Only in a womens mind

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go for option a; pussy, and lots of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunIllusions)
    You're royally screwed.
    ...and then he's gone forever. The End.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    He doesn't care about her because he slept with another girl despite the fact they were not in a relationship? How does that make her royally screwed?

Only in a womens mind
    Lolwat.

The guy obviously doesn't like her and just wants a shag. In other words she's royally screwed because he doesn't give two ***** about her or her feelings, only her fanny.

Are we clear my dear.

ReputationRep:
    TBH, I've not read your post or any of the others ... I'm just going to answer your question.

Once I've answerd I'm going to go back and read your post. If I'm way out I'll come back and correct if not, I'll just leave it.

Just the fact you're anon and asking that question on TSR I can say fairly happily, he's an arse, he want's no attachment but plenty of sex.

Also, I can happily say, in your heart of hearts, you know he's an arse because you've put up this post ...

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to just, umm, talk to him. I know that's easier said than done, as he could tell you to **** off, he's with someone else. But if he really does like you, he'll still have time to listen/talk to you. Try and catch him when he's on msn or wherever you'd have contact with him where it's just you two. You need to talk and if this situation arises then just ask him what his motive was for getting back with his ex when he was supposedly happier with you. If he's honest and says you were just a shag, then don't feel bad about yourself, try and notice that he obviously wasn't worth the effort feeling strongly for!

Best of luck xx

ReputationRep:
    nuff said, I stick by my previous answer ...

(Original post by Guidedbyalex)
    I think you need to just, umm, talk to him. I know that's easier said than done, as he could tell you to **** off, he's with someone else. But if he really does like you, he'll still have time to listen/talk to you. Try and catch him when he's on msn or wherever you'd have contact with him where it's just you two. You need to talk and if this situation arises then just ask him what his motive was for getting back with his ex when he was supposedly happier with you. If he's honest and says you were just a shag, then don't feel bad about yourself, try and notice that he obviously wasn't worth the effort feeling strongly for!

Best of luck xx
    thanks for your advice! He's the one who wants to talk to me and he's already told me i wasn't just a shag
    also, he specifically told me he didn't sleep with his ex and told me he was sorry. dunno if any of this makes a difference..?
    And I thought women are meant to be complicated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks for your advice! He's the one who wants to talk to me and he's already told me i wasn't just a shag
    also, he specifically told me he didn't sleep with his ex and told me he was sorry. dunno if any of this makes a difference..?
    And I thought women are meant to be complicated!
    Yeah what you say there does make you question why he's with his ex. The only thing I can think of is that he's afraid of change, and maybe if he was used to the environment around his ex, he'd get back with her. I got back with my ex not so long ago (over now haha) and part of the reason I did was because I already knew most of what I was getting into, so to speak. But still, talk to him, just try and find out the real reasons behind him getting back with his ex, his real feelings and try and think of how you can step up or move on from there! If you talk to him and tell him just how you feel about him, add that to the fact that he's the one that always talks to you and has told you he pretty much prefers you, then you cannot go wrong personally, love. At least then you would know you've done the right things, whatever the outcome. x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.