Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing some hours at a cafe/bar during the day (this week i have worked 12 hours only).. will i have tax deducted or is that not enough to take tax from? no idea! thanks if you can help! The job is v casual as it's owned by a family friend.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how many hours you work and how your employer pays you. If its a family friend and they pay you by cash-thats different. You might want to look at the direct.gov website under part-time work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxharrixx)
    I'm doing some hours at a cafe/bar during the day (this week i have worked 12 hours only).. will i have tax deducted or is that not enough to take tax from? no idea! thanks if you can help! The job is v casual as it's owned by a family friend.
    Until you earn 6k sometime before next april (if you ever do) you souldn't be taxed. If you are taxed, it will be emergency tax & you should get that back! If they pay you cash in hand & you're not on the books, its happy days & no need to worry about tax.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.