Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

War between the USA and UK - who wins? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Actually, technically USA has never lost a war in it's history. The war against North Vietnam, during which the Vietnamese lost 4 million men and never actually won a battle, ended in a withdrawal due to intolerable casualties. A treaty was made, subsequently broken by South Vietnam, and that war ended in US military victory. The first war wasn't established by the UN so technically wasn't won nor lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Interestingly, a certain Rommel once said the best army in the world would be Scottish soldiers led by German Officers, exhibiting some of the same disdain you have for the Officer class of the British Army.
    Actually, I am citing the German WWI General, Max Hoffman. But while he certainly was referring to the officer class, my disdain is directed more at your politicians than your officers. They are the ones that have betrayed your fighting men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    UK would win. UK is such a small area of land they wouldn't be able to find it on the map.
    Dang, this is a good point! We're a much bigger target. And everyone knows the Americans achilles heel is maps (e.g. Miss South Carolina, that stupid video with Americans confusing Australia and Iran, etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DC Doberman)
    Dang, this is a good point! We're a much bigger target. And everyone knows the Americans achilles heel is maps (e.g. Miss South Carolina, that stupid video with Americans confusing Australia and Iran, etc).
    That's true........"OK, let's go kick some ass in Great Britain.......hey, anyone know is that in Europe?........"

ReputationRep:
    If the UK was invaded by the US then you´d have ww3 on your hands.
    Like I said the chinese and russians would take their chance to wipe out the US and the USA would lose.

Sorry Howard if that is your real name.

ReputationRep:
    'We have declared war on England'

'Where is England? That island is united kingdom of great britain..?.'

ReputationRep:
    UK because there's people like you who 'would **** their **** up'

Not really. USA.

ReputationRep:
    The USA, in fact there are premade plans to invade it locked in a filing cabinet somewhere.

I'm not sure I can find the links to back this up.

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at these nations and international organisations. Choose whether they would take the side of the UK or the US in a war:

European Union
    Commonwealth of Nations
    Russia
    China

I think you have your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, btw, the "United Kingdom is what we call england over here." Just thought I'd clear that up for you Brits.

ReputationRep:
    I think the idea here is meant to be just one country against the other, without the help of alliances.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, btw, the "United Kingdom is what we call england over here." Just thought I'd clear that up for you Brits.
    Strong ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Strong ignorance.
    Don't listen to him, I know the difference between England, Britain, and the UK.'

Too be fair though, I've had British people ask me if California is a city before.

ReputationRep:
    It would really depend if the UE would choose to help the UK or not perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    I think the idea here is meant to be just one country against the other, without the help of alliances.
    If you're analysing the situation realistically (which quite a few people are attempting to do), you have to involve alliances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Strong ignorance.
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Don't listen to him, I know the difference between England, Britain, and the UK.'

Too be fair though, I've had British people ask me if California is a city before.

LOL. Notice the quotation marks, fellas. It was in reference to the thread a while back, started by another troll, an american, who said that Americans called England the UK, just to rile people up. Apparently no one remembers it. Worth a shot. I thought it was a good example to demonstrate our trouble with pesky maps!

ReputationRep:
    Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    If you're analysing the situation realistically (which quite a few people are attempting to do), you have to involve alliances.
    But the OP said it's just a war between the UK and the USA - no alliances mentioned. He also said no nukes (which, if utilized, would make us the winner even with all those alliances against us).

It's a hypothetical situation, realism isn't really that important.

LOL. Notice the quotation marks, fellas. It was in reference to the thread a while back, started by another troll, an american, who said that Americans called England the UK, just to rile people up. Apparently no one remembers it. Worth a shot. I thought it was a good example to demonstrate our trouble with pesky maps!
    Haha, I didn't catch on to that one. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    China wins!
    XD I vote for China too.... tis a big army :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayze59)
    Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa
    (Psst, you're part of the UK...)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.