Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Europe wouldn't let the UK be destroyed. Without the UK there would be no Eurovision and they can't let that happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christinaxx)
    Ah god, lots of snipes at us Yanks in here!
    Welcome to TSR. You'll get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    (Psst, you're part of the UK...)
    So he avoided the bandwagon and had an original thought. You should try it sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm I reckon UK... we are generally less hated around the world and we have the whole EU on our side. Doesn't the NATO agreement mean that US will be obliged to give us military assistance in a war? Does this count if it is against itself? Also I am sure Russia will be on our side (they are bitter and resentful)... China might help too because no one will be left to stand in their way to dominate the world if American gets ******.

For these reasons.... I think we will win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazzarus)
    Hmmmm I reckon UK... we are generally less hated around the world and we have the whole EU on our side. Doesn't the NATO agreement mean that US will be obliged to give us military assistance in a war? Does this count if it is against itself? Also I am sure Russia will be on our side (they are bitter and resentful)... China might help too because no one will be left to stand in their way to dominate the world if American gets f ucked.

For these reasons.... I think we will win!
    I think if a situation arose involving attacking allies, treaties and pacts cease to matter, really.

ReputationRep:
    Oh comon we are like the size of one of their SMALL STATES.

Obvious troll is extremely obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Everybody loses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarexi)
    Oh comon we are like the size of one of their SMALL STATES.

Obvious troll is extremely obvious.
    The entire UK can fit inside Texas 2.843873643 times. I'm bored and grasping at straws as far as finding things to keep myself occupied. Can you tell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DC Doberman)
    Oh, btw, the "United Kingdom is what we call england over here." Just thought I'd clear that up for you Brits.
    LOL WAT.
    That makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    The entire UK can fit inside Texas 2.843873643 times. I'm bored and grasping at straws as far as finding things to keep myself occupied. Can you tell?
    If you conjured that off the top of your head i'm very impressed.

And yeh i can tell:woo:

ReputationRep:
    probs the rest of the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarexi)
    If you conjured that off the top of your head i'm very impressed.

And yeh i can tell:woo:
    I'm not that good. Land area info from Wikipedia and a calculator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, you got caned by a bunch of yankee farm boys so what have you got to brag about? That was before a bunch of Dutch speaking farmers kicked ten tons of crap out of you of course. And before you got your butt pounded in India and kicked out of God knows how many countries by the local peasantry.

More recently, as soon as the heat got too much for you you're army retreated into Basra airport and of course it is the Americans who are leading the surge in Afghanistan having been to miserably let down by your ill equipped, unmotivated, and sloppy soldiers.
    I think you misrepresent our soliders. It's not unmotivated/sloppy soldiers. It is a government that won't suppor them with finances etc. As Gen. Sir Mike Jackson recently said our Gov't needs to reassess what they are going to commit our armed forces to and then engage in a SDR on those terms.

BTW what knowledge of British military training do you have to make so 'accurate' an assertion?

(Or were you just engaging in this discussion in the same manner as most others in here were, you old kidder you...?)

this shtread ahs gone so far off topic i'm closing the thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.